Slime is love. Slime is life.
Or, at least, if you’ve been on Instagram, Pinterest, or Tumblr at any point in the past six months or so, you’ll know that slime happens to be very, very popular right now. Why? I couldn’t tell you. It could be due to Ghostbusters, it could be due to Nickelodeon, or it could simply be a reflection of the troubling times we are in right now, but, either way, we are at peak non-Newtonian-fluid consumption–so peak, in fact, that the demand for slime is so great that some stores are literally running out of Elmer’s Glue, a vital ingredient for prime slime-making.
Much like ASMR videos and other niche-based internet phenomenons, the slime accounts you see on Instagram and Tumblr are aesthetically pleasing and hyper-soothing, almost to a fault. (There are even slime-specific ASMR YouTube videos, if that is the kind of thing you are into.) They are so soothing, in fact, that if they have a smooth loop, you could watch the videos over and over and over again without realizing that you’ve actually watched it multiple times.
See, like this:
Isn’t that nice?
Even Martha Stewart (or, rather, someone on her payroll) is a slime enthusiast:
— MarthaStewartLiving (@MS_Living) March 10, 2017
I know just what you’re thinking: How do I make some of this slime for myself, and possibly use it to turn a profit for myself at my school, as many of my fellow teens are doing? Wonder no more! Check out these totally awesome slime, uh, “recipes” that will help you make the best DIY slime ever:
1. Here’s some gold glitter slime:
2. Bubblegum slime! (Don’t eat it.)
3. This multicolored slime is…nice:
4. This peacock slime is also nice:
5. Need big sparkles in your slime? Try this version:
6. Jungle slime!
7. Fish slime!
8. I must touch this super-fluffy slime right now!!!
9. Perhaps I can interest you in this slime that looks like alien brains?
10. Or this slime that looks like Betty Spaghetty‘s hair?
11. Or this truly hellish Minons-themed slime?
12. Sorry. Cleanse your palate with this nice, pure glitter slime:
13. Or this green and gold slime that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s day!
14. There are a lot of holiday-specific slime recipes, actually, like this one for Fourth of July:
15. Snow slime:
16. Birthday cake slime!
17. Basically, there are so many ways to slime:
18. All you have to do is choose the one that’s best for you:
19. Ah, yes:
20. Go forth and slime:
Are you into slime? Do you know of any good recipes or slime accounts that I missed? Let us know in the comments!