By now, you already know that today, March 8th, is International Women’s Day. I’m sure you woke up, went on Instagram, and were bombarded by many important quotes by women, cute drawings that explain everything, and photos of your girl friends with their friends celebrating women. I’m sure you went on Facebook and saw the debate surrounding A Day Without Women, the protest that was supposed to happen today were women kind of disappeared to show the world what it would be like without us (good intentions, but, uh, not exactly realistic). I’m sure you’ve scrolled through the trending Twitter hashtags about the day. You’ve probably already seen a ton of inspirational things that have made you feel proud to be a woman.
This is awesome! I love that so many women are coming together today, even if it just in the form of a meme or liking each other’s photos on Instagram. It also allows me to look back on some of my favorite Tumblr posts about being a woman. Whether the posts are funny memes that only girls can really understand or more serious affirmations that we as women need to remind ourselves of sometimes, they’re all genius, and they all strike a chord. There are lots of ways to celebrate women today, but I personally think one way should be looking at these Tumblr posts. Some are funny, some are thought-provoking, but all are important.
1. Let’s just start off with this:
2. When this makes you laugh but also want to cry:
3. This should fill you with pride:
4. How the song should have went:
5. Just a quick reminder of some badass women out there:
6. Also a reminder of the hardships we all face:
7. This will make you feel rage:
8. When Nicki Minaj reminds us of how women should actually act:
9. TBH this hits home hard:
10. This is for any woman who has ever felt ugly:
11. For anyone who has ever been reminded that some people can never give women a break:
12. When you think about how much more men get away with:
13. Send this to anyone who doubts you:
14. For any girl who has ever had to defend her outfit:
15. This nice little reminder:
16. If you’ve ever felt like you just need more female empowerment in your life:
17. This amazing advice you need if you’ve ever dealt with this:
19. This wonderful reminder:
20. Because we have all had this interaction at least once:
21. Also this one:
22. For real though:
23. We are all Rachel Green:
24. Also we are all Maritza:
26. This is actually a very real statement:
27. OMG THIS IS SO TRUE:
28. I understand this on a spiritual level:
29. Can I befriend this little girl?
30. When you spend too much time on Tumblr:
31. Use this response next time someone says this to you:
32. Think about it:
Which one of these posts is your favorite? Why are you proud to be a woman? Tell us in the comments!