I think we can all agree that binge-watching a TV show is the best way to watch a TV show. You don’t have to wait days or even months to find out what happens, meaning you don’t need refreshers because you remember on your own, and you develop a weirdly intense bond with the characters that makes you feel strangely relaxed (or stressful, depending on the show). Binge watching was once an activity that people felt kind of embarrassed about – no one really wanted to admit that they were staying home on Friday nights, watching seven episodes of an old show in a row, instead of socializing. But now? It’s something people practically brag about.
Completing entire seasons, and sometimes even series, within days or weeks is definitely the new way to watch television – I’d go so far as to say that one day we won’t be watching episodes on a weekly basis at all. While I fully admit to indulging in binge-watching, like, every single weekend, I will say this: it can make us insanely lazy. This is not ideal, but it CAN lead to some great memes. And that’s always a silver lining, you know? So, if you’ve been stuck in a television marathon mood, check out these hilarious Tumblr posts about binge-watching TV shows. I can bet that everyone out there will relate to them, even if they don’t want to admit it.
1. All is fine until the show ends and you fall into a mini pit of depression:
2. When you try to tell someone to watch a show and they don’t take you seriously:
3. You can’t imagine NOT finding out the ending:
4. When your Internet connection is trying to ruin your life:
5. When you say you’re only going to watch one episode:
6. When everyone is trying to sabotage you:
7. You whenever you talk about your current favorite:
8. When Netflix gets sassy:
9. Trying to watch your show before bed like:
10. When an apology just isn’t enough:
11. Like, what do you DO once you’ve finished a series?
12. It is an oddly satisfying feeling to get caught up:
13. When your reflection reminds you of your current situation:
14. The only appropriate reaction:
15. The real betrayal:
16. Why is this so true?
17. Defending your hobby like:
19. lol oops:
20. When the show is the only thing you can think about:
21. That moment your habit starts getting a little embarrassing:
22. When you can’t even keep your eyes open but you try:
23. When you’re watching a show that’s still on live TV.
24. Why are we like this?
25. Honestly can’t shows get themselves together?
27. Why is this so true?
Which one of these posts was your favorite? What did we forget to add? Share in the comments!