I don’t know about you, but every time I complain about anything having to do with body, I get told to try yoga. Everyone says it will change my life and make me feel so much better. I appreciate the sentiment, but I don’t really have the time or energy to do a full-on yoga routine every morning. I would much rather wake up 20 minutes after I’m supposed to, wear the same thing I wore yesterday, and arrive wherever I need to go an hour late. Sounds ideal, right? But actually: the way you you start off your morning really affects how the entire day will go, so you sort of need to start it off right. But how TF do you do that? I’ve got three words for you: easy morning yoga.
I know that I was complaining about yoga earlier (see above) but after actually starting my day off with some yoga poses, I have started to notice little things in my life feeling a tiny bit better. For one, I feel a lot more refreshed and ready to take on the day. I also feel a lot less stressed throughout my day. So, yeah, this yoga thing is pretty cool. But how do you get into it if you’re lazy AF like me? Well, I will give you the exact same tips that I use every morning when I do my new yoga routine. So, if you want to try some easy but effective yoga moves to help you start your day, take a look at these:
1. First things first, wake up! You can do these simple positions without even getting out of your bed.
2. Use your wall to help you do this position that will stretch your legs.
3. Try these poses while you’re sitting at your desk or vanity before applying your makeup.
4. If you find yourself feeling sick or anxious in the morning, try some of these poses that will help your digestion and relieve stress.
5. If you want some abs but are in a bit of a time crunch, try these yoga positions that also double as an ab workout.
6. Try doing these poses by a window or door, so that the sunlight will help energize you!
7. Be sure to focus on your breathing! It is super important to do, and you should try to follow these steps for breathing while doing yoga.
8. Use a pillow if you’re still in that “half awake/ half asleep” mode to help support you. Or even if you’re just feeling lazy.
9. If you start feeling TOO tired, try these poses to help wake your body up.
10. Don’t forget the classic sun salutation!
11. Try these standing positions to keep your energy flowing.
12. Skip coffee and go straight to yoga by doing these poses every morning.
13. If you’re starting to feel stressed or anxious about the day ahead, take a minute to try these.
14. Also: do some yoga before bed so that you will wake up feeling better than ever
15. And, if you start to become an expert yogi, you can even create your own yoga space for your morning routine.
Are you going to try any of these morning yoga poses? Tell us in the comments!