If you were born at some point in the last, say, twenty-odd years, you probably don’t know what it’s like to live in a world without the Harry Potter. Even if you aren’t necessarily a fan of the series, chances are good that Harry Potter just felt like something that was always there, from the books to the movies to the weird character pairings you see on various fanfiction websites. (Draco and Luna? Harry and Snape? Ron and Dumbledore???) But recently, the series appears to have experienced a bit of a resurgence, if something that has never really gone away can technically experience such a thing. I am not sure how or why this is–it could be the new Fantastic Beasts movies, the influx of Harry Potter-themed makeup on the beauty market, or simply J.K. Rowling’s absurdly vibrant and savage Twitter presence–but, no matter what, the Harry Potter universe does not seem as though it will be receding from out collective consciousness anytime soon.
While all of this external material is all well and good, if you are really craving a Harry Potter fix, the only thing that’ll do are some cold, hard facts from the source material. Er, maybe not facts–given that Harry Potter is, despite every Wiki page on the story that leads one to believe that Harry Potter is real, live history , a fictional story from which one cannot technically draw “facts” in the classic sense of the term–but things that seem close enough to facts to be sufficiently interesting. So, check out these super cool Harry Potter facts you can only appreciate if you’re a true fan:
1. This Expecto Patronum translation:
2. This sad li’l Neville tidbit for all you Neville Lovers out there:
3. This fact that reveals Harry is a RUDE, RUDE BOY:
4. This fact that just, like, HURTS when you read it, right?
5. And, uh, this one. Which also hurts:
6. This very nice, wholesome fact that will make you feel better!
7. THIS FACT THAT WILL BRING YOU RIGHT BACK DOWN:
8. This record of the Hogwarts grading scale that’s bound to make you feel better about your grades right now:
10. Ah, what a scene:
11. Here’s a cool Boggart roundup:
12. Fred and George are the real MVPs!!!
13. Not technically a “fact,” but PROBABLY TRUE:
14. THIS IS SO RUDE WTF:
15. Naming your child “Wolf Wolf” is the ultimate Alpha move, IMO:
16. One of my fave Harry Potter facts, honestly:
17. Rupert Grint has also carved out a nice post-Harry Potter career for himself as Ed Sheeran’s music video body double:
18. True! (actually not true, but it is true that Daniel Radcliffe said this, so, you know, it’s a fact.)
19. I love this!!
20. Tag yourself, I’m “scurvy cur:”
What do you think of these facts? Did I miss any good ones? Let us know in the comments!