Having depression is no joke. It’s a serious disease that thousands of people struggle with every single day, and it can be something you have to try to fight your entire life. Depression can ruin the lives of so many people, and it isn’t the kind of word you should just throw around when you’re feeling sad or frustrated. I have people in my life who are clinically depressed, and honestly, it is incredibly difficult to watch. I myself struggle with general anxiety that affects almost every aspect of my life, and I know how frustrating it can be to feel so helpless against something so huge.
All of that being said, I still believe that it’s important to be able to laugh at our own demons sometimes. Taking them too seriously all the time can make the problem even worse – sometimes, a little relatable joke doesn’t hurt, but can instead make someone feel less alone in the world. This is where Tumblr comes in. Tumblr seems to be the social media of choice for people struggling with depression and anxiety while also posting lots of memes and text posts that describe exactly what you’re feeling. They know how to make it humorous without making depression seem silly or unimportant. Reading these things can make one feel a little bit better sometimes. These Tumblr posts are something you’ll only appreciate if you have depression or have ever experienced it.
And please remember: if you’re feeling very depressed, help is out there. If you feel suicidal or are in danger, please call 911 immediately. If you need someone to talk to, contact the suicide hotline at 800-784-2433 or text ANSWER to 839863.
1. When you do, like, one or two things to fight your depression and it doesn’t work immediately ????
2. You, flirting:
3. When you know something might help but you just can’t get the energy to try it:
4. You, being cute:
5. When you just really need to talk so you do so to anyone who will listen:
6. When you’re trying to act like everything is fine:
8. An actual photo of you waking up:
9. When you literally don’t know what it’s like to not feel these things:
11. How you feel on a regular basis:
12. When you’re messing up but people don’t get why:
13. When you can’t bring yourself to do what needs to be done:
14. The true test for a bae to pass:
15. You acting like everything is good:
16. Your car:
17. When you get caught in an endless cycle like this one:
19. When even small things make you feel horrible:
20. When you feel this a lot:
21. Your two moods:
23. When you have depression AND anxiety:
24. You answering texts:
25. Ha ha HA HA hA
Which one of these posts can you relate to best? What did we forget to include? Share in the comments.