Let’s talk about everyone’s favorite topic: periods. Ha, JK, periods are literally the worst. It’s not that they’re embarrassing, it’s just that they’re uncomfortable. But, a lot of us get them, so we do have to talk about them at some point, and we might as well get it over with right now. If you have a vagina, you most likely have to deal with blood pouring out of you, along with debilitating pain every month. While it is important to get a period (yay vaginal health!) that doesn’t make it any less annoying and frustrating. Sure, one day, maybe you will have kids. But until then, you need to deal with your monthly visitor. And, luckily for you, there are some tiny things you can do to make the visit a little more bearable.
Obviously these hacks won’t make you feel amazing, since that’s basically impossible when you’re on your period. But, they will help you with some of the worst parts about that time of the month: the cramping, the bleeding, the mood swings, the expensive tampons, the annoying pads…. you know, all of the really good stuff. Menstruation might be cool to think about in a technical sense, but IRL, it’s a drag, and we’re always looking for ways to make it better. check out some easy period hacks that will make those days seem faster and easier. Good luck. You can do this!
1. First things first, be sure you actually know when your period is coming so that you can prepare. Add a period tracker to your bullet journal.
2. Eat certain foods that can help relieve cramping and bloating. What you put in your body really affects how you feel, so adding fruits and veggies can really improve your period.
3. But be sure to avoid other foods that can actually make your cramps worse.
4. Don’t forget to take care of your boobs! Wear a comfy bra (or no bra at all!) and have some tea to help when they are feeling sore.
5. Try a period kit, so that you can always have everything you need, delivered right on time:
6. I know that exercising sounds like the last thing you want to do, but it can actually help with your cramps!
7. Use tea to help calm all of your PMS and period symptoms, like bloating and nausea.
8. Pay attention to your ~flow~. If it looks bad, be sure to head to your gyno.
9. Being conscious of your underwear is important. I’ve never thought of this, but it does make sense!
10. Make your own DIY heating pad…it’s super easy and effective.
11. Use essential oils for any ailment you have. They really do help!
12. But also be sure to pay attention to your body, even when you’re not on your period.
13. Carry a ginger drink with you at school or work to help relieve your cramps throughout the day.
14. Use these basic yoga poses to help with relax all of your muscles.
15. Remember self care! Your period sucks, but it’s important to make sure you’re taking care of yourself.
16. MASTURBATE. Orgasms actually help your cramps. Seriously.
17. Or, you know, just go for it and have period sex.
18. Also, look into menstrual cups if pads and tampons are too annoying.
Are you going to use any of these period tips? Tell us in the comments!