Even if you’re a proud lazy girl and you avoid shampooing your hair at all costs, you will probably agree that shampoo is one of the best beauty product around. It can take greasy locks and turn them into squeaky clean ones. It can take parched, frizzy strands and turn them into a glossy mane.
There are lots of miracles that any old shampoo you pick up can do. However, did you know that there are hacks that can make shampoo even better? For some reason, I didn’t think there would be that many shampoo hacks because the product already gets the job done itself, but it turns out I was wrong.
There are hacks that can upgrade your favorite shampoo, ones that allow you to concoct your very own DIY shampoo, and ones that just make shampooing (and life) so much easier. And I’m here to fill you in on some of the most interesting ones. Scroll down to see the weird shampoo hacks that you’ve never heard of that actually work.
1. Baking soda plus shampoo equals flawless, frizz-free hair.
2. It looks like salad dressing, but it turns out that you can make an awesome shampoo with castile soap, coconut milk, honey, and more. Who knew?
3. Did you dye your hair and it turned out too dark? Or do you just wish your locks were a tiny bit lighter? Add some vitamin C to your shampoo and you have your own DIY hair lightener. Really.
4. Break all of the rules and try conditioning your hair first and shampooing second. It helps make your locks bouncier.
5. Scalp in need of some TLC? Try adding a few drops of essential oils into your shampoo bottle.
6. Important info for all of your hair products.
7. Who would have thought that flawless hair takes only three ingredient plus your shampoo?
8. Struggling with lifeless locks? Put some salt in your ‘poo and it will tame those frizzies and give you tousled bedhead.
9. If you dare, try adding an onion to your shampoo. It may not smell the greatest, but apparently it will help your hair grow longer.
10. Forget about just rinsing your hair in beer. Make a shampoo out of it.
11. First we added salt to our shampoo–you can also put sugar in there to get a scalp treatment-and-shampoo in one.
12. Get even more out of that Head & Shoulders by applying it anywhere you’re dealing with pimples.
13. Do your strands need some more nourishment? Bring on the geranium oil.
14. Making your own shampoo is one thing, but take it to the next level by separating it into individual portions using ice cube trays.
15. Think shampoo is just for your hair? Use baby shampoo and coconut oil to create your own DIY makeup remover.
What shampoo hack do you want to try? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!