If you are the kind of person who, like me, spends a lot of time on the internet (specifically: Instagram. Specifically: The Hadid family’s respective Instagram accounts. Specifically: Yolanda Hadid’s Instagram account, so I can see which of her children is her favorite at the moment based on whose latest photos she chooses to repost. I am sure you can relate) chances are good that you have come across something called friendship goals.
These are basically the same thing as relationship goals–you know, those pictures on various social media accounts of people who appear to be dating and are considered, based on their qualities of conventional attractiveness and performative heteronormative values, to be the objective goal of anyone who might one day in a relationshi–except, you know, with friends. Now, for the most part, I am in favor of friendship, and I am also in favor of having goals, like, in general. So I am not too against this overall concept. What I am against, however, are the friendship goals that, in addition to exclusively featuring white, heterosexual, conventionally attractive people, just don’t really make sense. So, check out these friendship goals that don’t actually make any sense:
1. Um, don’t do this. (Also, it should be “best friend.” But that’s a nitpick, for now.)
2. This seems like an…impractical way to deal with consequences? At best?
3. Are you just…painting…yourself?
6. So scary!!
8. This is what comes up when you search “friendship goals” on Tumblr, if you were wondering. (Also, did you know that Harley Quinn’s actual name is really and truly just “Harleen Quinzel? Can you imagine being that lazy?)
9. The two horsemen of the apocalypse:
10. …just post your pic and go, thanks:
11. Gaslighting, IMO:
12. Cute pic! Don’t actually drink out of this, please!!!
14. Best friends that teatox together…..stay together?
15. This isn’t even in the right…you know what? Never mind. Carry on:
What do you think of these friendship goals? Are there any that you actually like? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!