Braids and buns are two hairstyles that, on their own, will probably never go out of style. Both are easy, classic, and act as lifesavers on the days your hair is dirty or messy, but you still need to look put together. So, really, combining the two seems like a no-brainer. Even better, Pinterest’s Top 100 List confirms that braided buns are super *trendy* for 2017, so you’re not only getting your hair out of your face in the cutest way possible, but you’re also looking v. cool at the same time. Some braided bun styles can look complicated and intimidating, but honestly? They’re not as bad as you think.
Aside from that, braided buns are versatile and fun to play around with. They don’t need to be sleek and perfect – in fact, I think any kind of braid looks better when it’s a bit messed up. They’re a low-maintenance style that looks good whether you’re at school, at the gym, or going to some sort of dressy event. And they’re really impressive looking, which is just a plus. Ready to try something new? Check out these braided bun hairstyle tutorials that anyone can pull off.
1. Take on two trends at once by trying double French braids up the back of your head into two little space buns. This is definitely a unique take on both looks.
2. Or go for something more elegant, like this fishtail into a messy low bun. This works well as a pretty, soft updo.
3. Try this twisty braid that ends in a high bun. This is really great if you’re working out or playing a sport as it keeps all of your hair in place.
4. Do a cool half up look by pulling up half of your hair, putting it into two braids, and then twisting each braid into a little mini bun.
5. This upside down French braid bun looks complicated, but really isn’t that hard to pull off.
6. Or try something quick and easy, like this braid into a low messy bun. It’s perfect for days you’re running late.
7. Four smaller braids make one really cool updo.
8. Instead of a regular French braid, do a side French braid ending in a three-strand braid. Twist into a bun, and you’re good to go!
9. Two pigtails can create a really pretty low bun style that looks great for fancy occasions.
10. Do a loose side French braid down to the nape of your neck, then twist the remaining unbraided hair into a low bun for a quick and easy look.
11. This side fishtail braid into a half bun makes the half bun style look fresh and unique.
12. This looks like a braid crown on top of a bun, and it’s so pretty that you basically have to try it out.
13. This cool braided style works for any kind of hair, but looks great with curls.
14. Create a side Dutch braid, then section off the rest of your hair and braid a bottom section. Pull hair into a bun, leaving out the bottom braid, and then wrap that around the base.
15. This side messy bun is perfect when you’re day two (or three) of dry shampoo.
16. Show off your hair skills with this five strand braided bun.
17. If you can do a fishtail braid, then you can do this: start with a high ponytail, put hair into a fishtail braid, then loop it into a textured bun.
18. Or try the same technique with a rope braid:
Which one of these braided bun hairstyles are you going to try? What did we forget to include? Share in the comments!