Fair warning: this post is literally just a gigantic list of some of the funniest Tumblr posts of 2016. Of course, these are only my personal favorites that I have slowly been collecting throughout the year, because to post all of the funniest Tumblr posts would take a very, very long time. I feel like Tumblr reached Peak Tumblr this year, and maybe that’s because there was so much material to work with. These posts about political things that suck and random relatable moments that we all experience but don’t know how to explain will make you laugh over and over again – and some of them can’t even be categorized, because they’re just totally out there. This essentially reads as a tiny replica of a Tumblr dashboard, which personally, I think sounds really fun.
To get a little ~deep for a second, let me just say that I found comfort in Tumblr these past few months. Dealing with all of the horrible political things happening not only in America, but the world, not to mention all of the awful tragedies, has been extremely stressful and upsetting. It’s in those times that I turn to my Tumblr dashboard, where I can take solace in posts that make fun of some of these nightmarish scenarios happening in our government. If I wasn’t able to continuously laugh at these things, I would have turned into a giant ball of anxiety and fear. So, the posts below might sound silly and dumb, but honestly? We all need more reasons to laugh at something stupid right now.
That said, check out these hilarious Tumblr posts from 2016 that are funny for, well, no real reason at all. They just are! Enjoy them, and turn back to this page whenever you need to cheer up.
1. This post that makes literally no sense but also is amazing:
2. V. true:
3. If you get it, that means you’ve been corrupted.
4. True same:
5. That moment you realize what this is actually about:
6. Internet Fighting 101:
7. Something I think we can all agree on:
8. This series of photos that all GOT fans will appreciate:
9. And this photo that anyone with a cat will appreciate:
10. This is EVERYONE’S mom:
11. This is extremely accurate:
12. Why does this exist but also it is wonderful
13. The best thing about failing a test:
14. This baby is all of us:
15. If you get it, you’re Real
16. This is… so Tumblr.
17. I cry laughing at this stupid thing every time I see it and I don’t know why:
18. Remember this woman?
19. All of us reacting to this situation:
20. For those of you who seem to think every other decade was so much better than this one:
22. Why do I love this?
23. Okay I love this more:
24. No, no I love this more:
25. This is so true:
26. Hey, these quizzes are meant to be taken SERIOUSLY.
27. Lol explaining 2016 in a picture:
28. This is everything.
29. Did you know that Adam Scott is problematic AF?
30. A valid question.
31. Basically every acne commercial summed up:
33. There are too many of these weird 1D fan posts to count, but this one has to be at the top:
34. Britney Spears is everyone trying to be mature about their ex:
36. Okay but this is terrifying
37. This post… is my favorite thing on Tumblr.
38. When you really want a bae:
39. I’m so sorry, but this exists:
41. Very clever use of this meme
42. How could she
43. Imagine how different it could have been!
44. Literally though:
45. Awkward moments like these hehe
47. Is this my favorite “Who is she?” meme. Maybe.
48. Technology has given us so many opportunities:
49. I take it back, this is my favorite “Who is she?” meme.
50. IT REALLY WOULD BE
51. Yes OMG every time:
52. “The thing”
53. Wait but these are too good.
54. Certain death will come if you follow this hack. Don’t be misled!
56. Like, chill.
57. Who… did this
59. This baby honestly looks like Ted Cruz
60. A realistic account:
61. I hate this so much
62. I mean, fine, sure.
63. This is the best version of this meme and no one can tell me otherwise.
64. Oh, and this is the best version of this meme and I will not tolerate another option.
65. Why… was this created
66. Tumblr culture in action
67. Why do I love this so?
68. Wow this is… violent.
70. Nailed it.
Which one of these Tumblr posts was your favorite? What do you think was the funniest? Talk about it int the comments below!