As you probably already noticed, ugly Christmas sweaters are A Thing. Whether you’re heading to an ugly Christmas sweater party or you just want to get festive for the holidays, something bright, bold, and full of tacky goodness can really get you into the Christmas spirit. If you’ve ever tried to buy one of these purposely ugly sweaters, then you might have noticed that they are… crazy expensive. Like, who wants to spend that much on a purposely ugly shirt that they will wear once or twice? No one, probably. So, your best bet is to make your own, which is honestly better because then it gets more creative and unique. And why do it alone? Enlist your bae or your best friend, and do an ugly couples Christmas sweater pair.
Doing a Christmas sweater pair with someone can really amp up your ugly sweater game. You have more room to depict what you want, you get more into puns, and you have someone by your side the whole night (or day). Some of these are funny, some are totally corny, some are just pretty inappropriate, but all of them are tacky AF and will put you in the most festive mood ever. Here are some DIY ugly Christmas sweaters for couples that you’ll never be able to forget:
1. Get a little inappropriate with this clever take on the word “chestnuts:”
2. Or get even more inappropriate by turning an innocent reindeer and snowman into euphemism for genitals.
3. You can also just do it with snowmen if you want:
4. Or you can… put each other’s faces on elves and wear them?
5. Take it a step further and decorate the elves and the sweaters with actual Christmas lights.
6. Get really cute and use garland to make a candy cane heart.
7. Okay, this “Fleece Navidad” pair is too adorable for words.
8. Make sweaters that line up to show… a reindeer pooping? Why is this such a popular design?
9. Get into full on costume mode and do this clever Elf On A Shelf look that I can’t imagine is comfortable.
10. You could also make little animals on your sweaters and then make them kiss, ensuring that bae stays by your side all night long.
11. Okay, this is my favorite: Santa and the abomidable snowman:
12. Match up perfectly with a reindeer and some garland. The snow is a nice touch!
13. Skip the sweater and make yourself into a tree with a tree skirt, while bae wears a sweater full of presents. Get it?
14. Get super glam with matching garland blazers.
15. Getting into this position all night seems crazy, but this is a really cute idea anyway.
16. Make the Christmas season a little dirty:
17. Glue a bunch of matching bows all over each other to keep it simple:
18. Make yourselves into a giant snowglobe.
19. Do this! I don’t exactly know what it is, but it’s really cute.
20. Keep it simple and make yourselves into presents. Easy!
Which one of these ugly Christmas sweaters for couples is your favorite? What did I forget to add? Let me know in the comments.