At this point of the year, chances are good that you’re feeling a little down. Burned out. Exhausted, at best. It might be hard to muster up the energy you need to celebrate the holiday season properly, let alone remember what you felt like at the start of this year. But you know what? Schadenfreude is a powerful thing., so to make yourself feel better, you need to look at some Christmas-themed Pinterest fails.
Now, I will admit that to talk about a “fail” as, like, a noun (rather than its intended purpose, which is a verb), feels more than a little quaint. Using the words “epic” and “fail” strung together–particularly in conjunction with the mention of “Pinterest,” too–has an uncanny ability to transport one back to a different era of the internet altogether, one in which Impact font and “Gangnam Style” memes reigned supreme. But, at this point, in a year that may be best personified as a cesspool of used syringes, who wouldn’t want to return to 2012 (or any year that is not 2016)? So, if you have found yourself yearning to go back to a simpler time lately, if only for a few moments, check out these truly epic Christmas Pinterest fails right here:
1. Take, for example, this homage to A Christmas Story:
3. You tried?
4. A classic:
5. This is the real reason for the season right here!!!
6. They weep for their fallen brethren:
7. A personal fave:
8. And this one, obviously:
9. Anything with eyes just seems like it’s, uh, not going to work:
10. So squishy!
11. Equally squishy:
12. I don’t know, guys–to me, this is perfect:
13. Ah, yes–the classic Harry Potter snowman tree. What family doesn’t have this tradition?
14. Well, what is important is that you tried:
15. Besides, you should never forget what is important–you can still eat this:
What do you think of these Christmas Pinterest fails? Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!