This might sound weird, but I have a really hard time wearing grey boots. Whether they’re light or dark, thigh high boots or ankle boots, I can never seem to figure out what to wear them with aside from black or white. And while I love a good all-black ensemble or a plain tee, I do like to mix it up every now and then. I’m not the only one… right?
While black, brown, and white are simple neutral hues that go with almost anything, but grey is a little bit more tricky. It doesn’t go with everything. Sometimes it looks a little off. But that doesn’t mean you should avoid it, because grey boots are awesome! I got a pair of grey over the knee suede boots for my birthday this year and I really, really love them. I just… don’t know how to wear them. So, as I struggled with this, I thought, maybe other people wonder the same thing, and so I looked up some outfit ideas. And now we are here!
Anyway. If you have a pair of killer gray boots you want to rock this winter, then read on for some fashion inspiration that will help you put together the cutest outfits. Here are a few style tips on how to wear gray boots this winter:
1. Grey boots, not surprisingly, go great with an all-black outfit. If you want to add some color, go for a colorful accessory, like a green scarf. Green, by the way, also looks great with grey.
2. Pair grey boots with a shirt that has the same shade in it, like a plaid button down. Add a grey sweater over it to bring everything together.
3. If you want to say “eff you” to fashion rules and wear your white jeans this winter, pair them with grey boots. The combination is awesome.
4. Go for a more monochrome look and wear your grey boots with several other shades of grey. The result is anything but blah.
5. Wear grey boots with all black, then add a bright scarf that matches the boots to pull your look together.
6. Grey and light pink is such a beautiful color combo. You can opt for grey ankle boots, a skirt in a slightly different shade, and a pink top for something chic.
7. I often feel like grey boots don’t pair well with tan or cream, but this outfit has proven me wrong! If you wear a lot of brown or tan, try finding grey boots that have a brown strap.
8. Grey and maroon is another perfect color combo. Wear your grey ankle boots with maroon pants for something more fun than black and white.
9. Of course, you can always keep it simple with grey boots, light wash denim, and a white tee.
10. Go for shiny grey boots for something different, and keep them more casual with boyfriend jeans and a cute sweatshirt.
11. You really can’t go wrong with grey over the knee boots and a black dress. It’s a simple, chic look that can be super versatile.
12. Wear your grey boots with a blush colored dress for a very pretty outfit. Add a grey cardigan on top if you want to be more matchy-matchy.
13. A colorful scarf and all black is another super easy and chic look.
14. Paired with other neutral shades, brown actually looks really good with high grey boots!
15. Wear grey boots with a matching grey and white dress and a leather jacket to look super glam.
16. You definitely don’t need to stick with single shades with grey. These printed leggings look awesome – the key is finding a print with the same shade in there.
17. Light grey boots stay comfy with an oversized cream colored sweatshirt.
18. Bright purple brings a lot of color to grey boots. Try an oversized sweater or a dress.
19. Go all grey with light grey boots and a darker grey sweater or dress. So chic and easy!
20. Bright blue and grey go really well together, and it also gives some much needed color for a winter day.
Which one of these outfit ideas are you going to try? What did I forget to include? Share in the comments!