If you are trying to find the worst part of 2016, I can tell you that it is not an easy task. There was just so much that happened that was, like, blatantly awful that it’s hard to pinpoint what was the most blatantly awful of the bunch. There was the Harambe meme. The dumpster fire that was the 2016 presidential election. Then, there was the loss of Vine.
Like a lot of people, I was rendered both speechless and inconsolable when Vine was shut down late last month. Vine was a great platform–one of the best, possibly–and it made me sad to know that the app that brought us moving, iconic works like this and this would soon be no more. I guess that all things must come to an end at some point, but I do wish that Vine’s end had not come quite as soon as it did. Still, if there is one thing we can do, it is honor our fallen app. So, pour one out for the great content-generating machine we lost this year and check out what are objectively the best Vines from 2016:
1. As always, I have to start off with the greatest Vine of all time:
4. This Vine makes me wanna DIE (in a good way):
5. This is the best thing that happened in 2016, probably:
6. No, wait. This was:
7. “What? Stop:”
8. Who can’t relate?
9. Who hasn’t been on both sides of this exact situation?
10. Who hasn’t been touched by this seal playing saxophone in the tub?
13. Seems plausible:
14. TOO SOON:
15. Ah, flirting:
16. Pride and Prejudice moistens us all, does it not?
17. IMO this Vine did NOT get the hype it deserved in the year of our lord 2016!
18. Rest in peace, Vine. We’ll miss you a lot:
What do you think of these Vines? Do you have any 2016 faves? Let us know in the comments!