If you’ve noticed, recently, that a lot of people around you have suddenly started flinging themselves to the earth for no apparent reason, don’t worry about it. It’s just an internet fad! Specifically, it’s one called the “Andy’s Coming Challenge.” Some of you may have known about this for a few weeks now, while others might have read about it, as I did, for the first time on theSkimm this morning. Either way, the idea behind it is simple. Someone yells “Andy’s coming!” to a group of people, and then said group of people have to flop to the ground, just like the sentient-in-human-absence toys in Toy Story do whenever a person enters the room.
I would say, as a personal critique, that the Andy’s Coming Challenge is really just an inferior derivative of both the Mannequin Challenge and the entire Toy Story franchise as a whole, just as the critically-acclaimed HBO Original Series Westworld is just an inferior derivative of the 1996 young adult novel Running Out Of Time. (Think about it). But, still, it’s fun. And who would deny us a little fun at this current juncture of the world? So, check out the best examples of the Andy’s Coming Challenge right here:
1. This Mannequin/ Andy’s Coming Challenge one is like…actually incredible, yes?
— Carlos Lewis (@Clos1333) November 12, 2016
2. This one, too:
— it's ur fav ani (@AnaisAnais0) November 9, 2016
— leslie (@lesliegocampo) November 11, 2016
4. I can’t decide if my favorite versions are the ones where ludicrous amounts of people participate…
— AndysComingChallenge (@andyscomingchal) November 8, 2016
5. Or no one does:
— lil Es? (@6figuresss) November 7, 2016
6. Or, if there’s just one person who doesn’t get it:
— JadaaMariee?? (@jaadamariee) November 10, 2016
7. I don’t know! They just have a certain kind of appeal, don’t they?
— heart throb (@CHILLDARNELL) November 6, 2016
8. Why keep it confined to your school? Take it to the mall:
— Barbie (@hayley_bailey12) November 6, 2016
9. Or the field:
— Elle Pickering (@elle_pickering) November 6, 2016
10. UMMMMM DON’T FALL DOWN THE STAIRS:
— AndysComingChallenge (@andyscomingchal) November 6, 2016
11. There’s something particularly endearing about athletes doing this challenge:
— Duane Thompson (@Wayne_journey) November 11, 2016
— SLU Football (@SLUFootball) November 10, 2016
— sean .dood (@sean_ramoose) November 7, 2016
14. It’s best, probably, if your teachers have no idea what’s going on:
— chellz⚡️ (@loveechelly) November 6, 2016
— Margaux (@margauxxlouise) November 12, 2016
16. Welp. It’s a good challenge:
— Anthony Johnson (@ajopiu88) November 9, 2016
17. I mean, can you top this?
— lagaria (@LagariaB) November 9, 2016
What do you think of this challenge? Have you done it yet? Let us know in the comments!