I don’t know about you, but personally, there is nothing I love more than a good scapegoat. You know what I mean, right? A scapegoat is something that you can pull out whenever something isn’t going so well for you–school, your love life, your various friendships, whatever–and attribute the negative qualities of your life to. It’s basically something you blame everything on so that you don’t look like you’re really at fault. And, by this logic, there is nothing that I love more than my horoscope, for horoscopes are the greatest scapegoat of all.
I can’t help it! I am a Virgo, after all. Anyway, I love horoscopes in any form, but I especially love them in the form of the “signs as” meme that you see on Tumblr, in which random people designate a few random characteristics and beliefs upon different signs based on their own personal characteristics and beliefs.And clearly, they are extremely accurate.
They highlight the true arbitrary nature of horoscopes, and, in doing so, emphasize the fact that nothing you ever do can ever really be your fault. So, today, we are going to talk about these memes. Specifically, we are going to talk about what your future is going to be like in a relationship–the good, the bad, the scapegoat-able. Check them out here:
1. Let’s start this off with your relationship insecurities, I guess:
2. On a slightly nicer note, here are you as tiny moments of falling in love (just go with it):
3. And, uh, descriptions of you when you’re actually in love:
4. And the signs as boyfriends:
5. Some other versions of boyfriends. See? Arbitrary!
6. And your “cute AF” girlfriend:
7. You just in, like, a relationship:
8. Here is your future emo boyfriend, if you are into that kind of thing:
9. And a more detailed reading of your potential future girlfriend:
10. You can also check out this, ah, more succinct version:
11. And your celebrity girlfriends:
12. Want a gender-neutral version? It’s right here:
13. But what do you do when your partner is mad at you?
14. This Virgo girlfriend post is…so rude:
15. Anyway, this is what you are like, based purely on your partner’s zodiac sign. You get it? You get it:
What do you think of these posts? Did any of them speak to you? Let us know in the comments!