On my dream beauty list, creating my own perfume in some fancy shop in Paris is right up there with having my own Sephora built into my house. The likelihood of either of those things happening is as high as receiving a marriage proposal from Nick Jonas in the mail. (Read: Zero) That being said, if you’re like me and you want your own perfume, you don’t need to abandon that dream completely. You can create your own fragrance yourself at home. Really.
I know, I know, creating your own perfume sounds complicated. You probably think that you need to turn your bedroom into a mini laboratory complete with test tubes, beakers, and rare and exotic ingredients. Thankfully, things aren’t that complicated. If you’ve ever DIYed your own lip balm or scrub, you’ll be pleased to know that creating your own scent isn’t any more complicated. All you need is a few different ingredients, like essential oils and a bottle, and a willingness to experiment. With a bit of playing around, you can end up with your very own one-of-a-kind scent that costs less than your average bottle of store-bought perfume. Sweet. Check out 16 DIY fragrances you can create yourself at home.
1. These mini perfumes don’t just smell amazing. They are also very Instagram-worthy thanks to the tiny dried flowers inside.
2. Can you think of anything more classic (and delicious) than a homemade vanilla perfume? It’s almost as good homemade as vanilla cake.
3. Why create one massive perfume when you can create a bunch of little ones? Most of these require less than five ingredients.
4. Lemon and lavender are great individually, but you can also experiment with layering them in different ways to come up with a multidimensional scent.
5. Calling all fruity fans. You will love this zingy scent as much as you love the smell of freshly squeezed juice. Yum.
6. Looking for a refresher? This grapefruit and peppermint perfume will do the trick. It’s a combination that works in perfume as well as drinks.
7. Attention all floral fans, this is the scent for you.
8. Love floral scents? Can’t get enough of fruity ones? You’ll love this perfume then. It combines both things together to form an intoxicating blend.
9. A solid perfume is a little bit retro and soooooo chic. This vanilla and sandalwood one is something that you could easily become addicted to.
10. Having trouble deciding between vanilla and fruit? With this gorgeous smelling body spray, you don’t have to. Hurrah!
11. One whiff of this solid perfume is all you will need to fall in love with honeysuckle. You’ll be thankful you can carry this one around in your purse.
12. Love more traditionally masculine notes? This lime, fennel, and patchouli scent could be just the thing for you. Don’t forget to make some extra for dad.
13. Not sure what essential oil combinations will work together? This trio is a brilliant place to start.
14. Roses and lilacs may get a lot of the attention, but jasmine is another bloom that deserves to take center stage in a fragrance.
15. Combine the right combination of ingredients and you end up with this invigorating perfume. It’s what good formulas are all about.
16. If you haven’t tried a hair perfume before, now is the time to do it. Unlike some store-bought versions, this one doesn’t contain any drying alcohol.
Have you ever tried creating your own fragrance? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!