I don’t know what it is, but, for whatever reason, my hair is, like, a dry-ass mess right now. (Not to be confused with a “dry ass-mess.”) My ends are split, there is a good deal of out-of-control breakage, and all of it, on the whole, feels a lot like a pile of sticks. Have I tried deep conditioning? Yes. I have also tried leave-in conditioner, and split remedy oil, and herbal supplements that promise to make one’s hair shiny, full, and supple, all to no avail. It’s enough to make a girl feel exactly like the “I was told by Apple Care” lady in regards to conventional haircare, if you know what I mean!
This is not a sentence I will take lying down, however–and neither should you! I wanted to know what I could do, personally, to make my hair do all the things that my conditioners and supplements promised, and took it upon myself to search Pinterest for the very best of DIY dry hair remedies. Why DIY? Well, if they fail, you have no one to blame but yourself. No need to get all “I was told by Apple Care” on anyone. So, check out the best Pinterest DIY remedies for dry hair right here:
1. This DIY mask uses one egg yolk, two tablespoons of honey, and one tablespoon of coconut oil:
2. Coconut oil, obviously, is a prominent player in these Pinterest DIYs–this one mixes it with olive oil and regular conditioner:
3. Hot oil treatments are awesome for dry hair–try one with olive oil, coconut oil, and honey:
4. This looks, uh, sketchy. But coconut milk is also great for dry hair, so this DIY is worth a shot:
5. This is a good comprehensive list of conditioning treatments for different hair types:
6. Got lots of heat damage? Try this:
7. This overnight mask with coconut oil and essential oils promises to make your hair extremely soft:
8. Want something lighter? Try this coconut oil hair spray:
9. Here are some more options based on different hair types:
10. Using dry shampoo is a great way to preserve the moisture of your hair–try this homemade version:
11. But when you do need to wash, this homemade coconut shampoo is worth a shot:
12. Got super-split ends? You need to try this:
13. Personally, I love a good food-based hair mask, so here are some of those:
14. More food-based hair masks!
15. And, finally, here’s one more with coconut oil and egg. They really do work:
What do you think of these treatments? Would you do any of them? Let us know in the comments!