Thinking about the end of the summer can be depressing… until you realize that the late days of August mean one thing: Halloween is almost here.
Yes, it’s still technically a little over two months away. Yes, we are potentially rushing the best season ever (fall) by thinking about costumes and decorations and scary movies when it’s still close to 90 degrees outside. Sure, it’s a little premature to feel amped about the Halloween season. But, uh, who cares? Halloween is arguably the best holiday of the year, and your giddy excitement for that should last as long as you want it to. This is why I fully support these perfect memes about being excited for Halloween. Who can resist?!
I’ll miss beach days and warm nights more than I want to talk about, but I also can’t help but feel a rush of happiness at the thought of my favorite holiday (and birthday) approaching. Think about all that comes along with October 31: pumpkins everywhere, creepy/cute DIY costumes, the most fun decorations of the year, crunchy leaves, warm apple cider, haunted house adventures with your friends… I could continue, but basically, it’s enough to make even the coolest of all people turn into a basic white girl. So, forget your depression about the end of summer and let’s focus on what’s really important: being excited for Halloween. If you’re not there yet, you certainly will be after looking at these memes.
1. When you realize the time has finally come:
When you walk into a store and see the all Halloween stuff is out! pic.twitter.com/H4HrlzEt7D
— So Damn Relatable! (@ReIatable) August 26, 2016
2. Being awoken from your life boredom like:
me whenever someone mentions halloween pic.twitter.com/2pcpaiQQao
— ghost (@lunarybabe) August 26, 2016
3. This is basically all of us right now:
waiting for Halloween like pic.twitter.com/w0rJDgxbGM
— ray (@LUClDITY) August 26, 2016
4. Maybe we’re a little TOO early…
*sees 1 Halloween store that's not even open yet*
— Tweet Like A Girl (@TweetLikeAGirI) August 26, 2016
5. The only good thing about the end of summer:
Everyone: Sucks that summer is ending
— what (@chanelpuke) August 26, 2016
6. You the second you realize it’s time:
Me: *feels a cold breeze outside*
— Common White Girl (@girlposts) August 26, 2016
7. Is this little girl not all of us?
me from the middle of August until Halloween https://t.co/9Dl7lyu4hm
— FREDDY (@FreddyAmazin) August 25, 2016
8. Let the countdown begin:
HALLOWEEN IS ONLY 71 DAYS AWAY pic.twitter.com/E4zKQ7bCBX
— couple goals (@coupIegoaIs) August 24, 2016
9. TBH every store needs to figure their shit out:
When u pull up to target and they still dont have Halloween decorations pic.twitter.com/qawmCmL456
— vanessa (@taranchulaa) August 24, 2016
10. Because we’ve been waiting to use this pumpkin gif all year:
Me: *feels a slight cold breeze outside*
— what (@chanelpuke) August 26, 2016
11. As well as this A+ ghost gif:
waiting for Halloween to drop like pic.twitter.com/teiH76oTv8
— NIKKI LIPSTICK (@nikkilipstick) August 24, 2016
12. The mix of emotions is a true struggle:
When summers coming to a close but you realize it's almost time for Halloween pic.twitter.com/GgxERWv8LY
— FrankOceanKilledMe (@pettyblackboy) August 23, 2016
13. It’s acceptable to be in costume from now until October 31, right?
me patiently waiting to release Halloween stuff pic.twitter.com/1QmrrpvZ0N
— NIKKI LIPSTICK (@nikkilipstick) August 20, 2016
14. Don’t let anyone try to bring you down:
15. Because this is your time:
16. All of us on the first day of September:
17. Honestly offended if stores don’t have stuff out yet:
18. You don’t need these negative people in your life:
19. Honestly you’ve already moved on:
20. Because if there’s one thing better than summer, it’s fall.
21. Oh, did you need a weather forecast?
22. It me.
23. Standard answer.
24. Enough waiting!
Can it be Halloween tomorrow pls
— kayzo (@KayzoMusic) August 26, 2016
25. Look at all we have to look forward to!
summer can be great and all, but halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, bonfires, cold weather and hoodies are 100% better
— chill tweets (@chilltweetss) August 26, 2016
Are you excited for Halloween? Which of these was your favorite? Tell us in the comments.