Using a face mask is one of the best ways to enjoy a pampering session at home. It is even more satisfying when you whip up one with ingredients that you already have kicking around your place. If you’ve decided to enjoy a mini spay day at home, you shouldn’t just stop at the face stage. You should show your entire body some TLC. And you can do that with a DIY body scrub. These are especially great after a long summer, when the heat and sun have made your skin more dry and flakey than usual. It needs some love!
Once you start DIYing beauty products, you’re not going to want to stop. Trust me. If I say I’m going to make one thing, it quickly turns into something else. Before I know it, I have every glass and jar in my kitchen filled with some sort of homemade beauty concoction. You might think that a body scrub is complicated to make, but a lot of them require just a couple of ingredients. And the best part about them is you probably own the majority of of them. There’s no dehydrated, protein-enhanced, organic kale powder here.
Not only are DIY scrubs super easy to make, they’re also affordable. And they do as good of a job exfoliating as most of the store-bought versions. Another bonus? Using something that is fresh from your homemade beauty lab is soooo much better than using a body scrub that has been in your shower caddy for-ev-er. #gross Still don’t believe me? Try one out for yourself. Get silky soft skin with one of these easy DIY body scrubs.
1. You know those coffee scrubs that are literally all over Instagram? Make your own this recipe. The inclusion of the cinnamon makes it even more delicious.
2. One sniff of this scrub is all it takes to become obsessed with it. It just might smell better than the drink. And the drink doesn’t exfoliate your skin now, does it?
3. All you need is five ingredients to make this pretty purple berry scrub. That’s right, five.
4. Can’t get enough of the smell of roses? Allow me to introduce you to this three-ingredient scrub.
5. It’s not just about the sugar. Salt is also an excellent exfoliator. You also can never go wrong with salt and lime in any form.
6. TBT people can get a little obsessed about the different types of sugars in their exfoliating products. Fans of brown sugar will love this simple recipe.
7. It sounds like the beginnings of a delicious cocktail, but this scrub is a refreshing way to remove all of that dry, flaky skin.
8. Looking for a new scrub for fall? This apple-cinnamon one is perfect. Remember, the season isn’t all about pumpkin.
9. At-home spa days are about relaxation. Massage this chamomile scrub on your bod and you’ll forget about most of your troubles in no time.
10. Whenever you use this scrub, it will make you think that you’re on a tropical vacation thanks to the pineapple. Who’s going to complain about that?
11. This scrub sounds good enough to eat. You could actually eat it considering it is nothing but coconut oil, sugar, caramel extract, and vanilla extract. However, my advice is to apply it to your body instead of your tongue.
12. Hands up if you’re drooling a bit at the thought of an orange and brown sugar scrub?
13. It’s not just about sugar and salt. Oatmeal is another brilliant skin-polishing ingredient.
14. Did somebody say chocolate? *Drools*
15. Coconut oatmeal sounds like a great idea for breakfast. If it is a beauty product you’re after, follow this recipe.
16. Calling all citrus fans. This salt scrub is just the thing to invigorate your senses.
17. Cherries and almonds are as good in body products as they are in cakes. This scrub is proof of that.
What scrub do you want to try the most? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!