We’re nearing the end of August, which means that it’s officially college move-in season. Because of this, your Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook feeds are probably clogged with things that are decidedly college–people saying goodbye to their parents, talking about how hard their new classes will be, and of course, photos of people in their freshly-decorated dorm rooms. You might have also heard about Lindy Goodson and Abby Bozeman, two freshman roommates at Ole Miss, who have gone viral for their dorm room that looks like a fever dream that Etsy, Pinterest, and that weird subsection of interior design-Tumblr all had:
This dorm room is insane, no? Truly, 100%, totally bonkers. In a good way, obviously, but also in a way that brings to mind the wear and tear that a year of college tends to bring to a freshman dorm room. Sure, it looks awesome on move-in day. But work piles up. You forget to clean. And then, what if, say, you end up hosting a pregame, even if you don’t want to, but your crush asked you to do it, and promised it would be “totally chill and low-key,” but end up bringing their entire freshman hall? I did not go to Ole Miss, but I did go to college in the south, so I saw many equally Pinterest-worthy dorm rooms, and I saw all of them fall to the strain of that first college semester. (As Joanna Rothkopf noted in her piece on the room for Jezebel, “all of this shit is going to get peed on by a prospective swim team recruit,” which is probably true for more reasons than one.) But, still–despite my qualms about this room’s ability to last, it is objectively impressive that Lindy and Abby (and their parents) were able to transform a standard-issue cinderblock dorm room into something that looks like a place you;d actually want to live in. And, as it turns out, they’re not the only ones who have been able to do this–check out the most extravagant, luxurious dorm rooms that you’ll ever see:
1. Like, chill out, people in Mississippi!!!
2. Not really. You’re all doing great work:
3. Is this real??
4. So much soft lighting:
5. It’s too much for me!!
6. I mean:
7. Fairy lights, obviously, are vital:
9. So cozy!
10. How is this…not a hotel?
12. This looks like the fake dorm room that I had to show people when I was a tour guide at my college, and all the moms would be like “Does a real person actually live here?” and I would have to say, “Well, not exactly,” and then they refused to trust me for the rest of the tour!
13. And this one looks like a hotel, but it is just Syracuse University!
14. Haha, okay, Blair Waldorf:
15. Welp. I have to go clean my room now. See you all later:
What do you think of these dorm rooms? Which one is your fave? Let us know in the comments!