No matter what kind of work you do, I think we can all agree on something: having a job is kind of the worst. Yes, you should absolutely feel #blessed to be able to have a job that makes you money when so many people in the world don’t have that privilege. And yes, working is just part of our world and that will never change and you need to accept it. So, sure, complaining about your job sounds whiney and annoying, but let’s face it – talking about how working sucks is a treasured pastime that will also never stop. Especially when the whining is amusing and relatable on Tumblr.
I’ve had a steady job since I was 14-years-old and helped out with an arts and crafts program at the beach by my house a few hours five days a week. Before that, I was a babysitter and a mother’s helper, and after that Very Important arts and crafts job, I moved on to being a waitress for seven years. Then I went into retail for a very brief period of time (folding underwear at Victoria’s Secret is *literally* a nightmare), I interned at Us Weekly and HollywoodLife.com, met and interviewed celebrities, and then landed my full-time gig here at Gurl. I have had amazing jobs and I have had terrible jobs, but one thing is for sure: there is always something to complain about! (But for real I love working at Gurl and it is like the best job one could want and I’m not just saying that!)
If you too love complaining about your job, whether it’s part time or full time, a dream position or just something to make you money while you’re in school, then you’ll appreciate these Tumblr posts. Because yes, you are lucky to have a job, but also, yes, you’re allowed to whine about it once in a while. Here are some of the funniest Tumblr posts about how having a job can be the worst sometimes. Now get back to work and make that money!
1. When you consider being honest in a job interview but you can’t because:
2. When you graduate college and realize the job world sucks:
3. When you’re willing to do literally anything to get hired.
4. When you don’t have experience so you’re really reaching:
5. Those rare moments you get to be proven right:
6. When you take control of an interview:
7. The difference between a newbie and an old-timer employee:
8. When you spend way too much time at your job:
9. When it’s really about the Pokemon:
10. When you have to be nice even though no one else is:
11. The eternal dilemma:
12. When you hate your boss:
13. When you hate your job but know you’re lucky to have one:
14. You on payday:
15. When you don’t have actual skills:
16. When you have to make little things look good:
17. The real reason you need a job:
18. When bosses play dumb:
19. The horrible moment time stops:
20. When you can’t get hired and you’re desperate:
21. When you’re really bad at interviews:
22. You all the time:
23. When you have to remind someone of your seniority:
24. You at work all the time:
Which one of these Tumblr posts can you relate to the most? What did we forget to add? Share in the comments!