Sometimes a fashion trend comes around that looks very cool, but is also very intimidating in an “I can’t wear that unless I turn into this Instagram fashion blogger” sort of way. Bodysuits are a perfect example – for me, at least. I wish I could say I can rock a bodysuit with the best of them, but unfortunately, I don’t know if I can, because I’ve never tried to, because I don’t think I can pull them off. Despite how simple they seem and how versatile they actually are, I don’t know how to wear a bodysuit.
But lately, I’ve been noticing them more than ever. Was it Kim Kardashian-West’s last seven Snapchats of herself posing in front of a mirror in a white bodysuit and smoothing out her flat stomach while also casually showing off her famous butt that inspired me to want to wear one? Or was it one of Kylie Jenner’s many Instagram photos of her own trendy bodysuit outfits that inspired me? One may never know. What I do know is that bodysuits, while maybe a little intimidating, are actually something everyone can wear. They’re ideal for layering, because they give that tucked in look with no annoying bunching. They also look ridiculously cool, and they have a sexy vibe no matter what they’re paired with. These style tips on how to wear a bodysuit will inspire you to head to the store and buy one. I know I’m already on my way there.
1. Sometimes your best bet is to keep it simple. A plain bodysuit with skinny jeans, heels, and gold statement jewelry is a versatile look that works for everyone.
2. To stay more casual, add a long sweater and swap out the heels for flats. Still looks good!
3. Go for a lace-up bodysuit, and go all-out trendy with a round hat and mom jeans.
4. Make a bodysuit instantly more professional with a chic blazer.
5. Tucking a shirt into a maxi skirt can be tough, since the fabric easily bunches, which feels uncomfortable and looks weird. A bodysuit is the perfect alternative. You could wear one the same color of your skirt to make it look like a dress, or pair different shades.
6. Your bodysuit doesn’t need to be a plain tank style! You can opt for something with a little more, like this one that appears to knot in front. Wear it with your favorite jeans and add cute shoes for a fast and easy outfit that’s super versatile.
7. Want to go for more of a throwback look? A striped bodysuit (or any kind, really) looks good under a pair of short overalls. Onesies all around!
8. If you want something more on the sexy side, wear a bodysuit with strategic cutouts. You can dress it down with jeans, or dress it up with a skirt and heels.
9. The unofficial outfit of summer 2016? High waist denim shorts with a low-cut bodysuit and a hanging choker. Very Kylie Jenner.
10. If you want a trendy outfit that’s still more simple, pair a plain bodysuit with high waist jeans, and… that’s it! This look is simple, can work for any occasion depending on the accessories, and feels comfy.
11. Wear a thin bodysuit with a denim mini skirt for an effortlessly cool outfit.
12. Another ~cool~ and easy outfit for anything you’re doing this summer? A low-cut bodysuit with ripped jeans and cute heels.
13. Backless tops are awesome, but they can be a little hard to wear without feeling like everything is going to fall out. A backless bodysuit like this one feels a little bit more secure, and looks amazing.
14. You know that bodysuit/ripped jeans/heel combo we talked about? Add a flannel shirt tied around your waist. Sounds weird, looks extremely ~Tumblr.
15. A bodysuit is the perfect thing to wear with a high waist skirt – much more comfortable than a tank top. Add a denim jacket for a little layering.
16. Sheer bodysuits are super sexy and look so pretty – and they’re not just for going out. Make yours more casual with jeans, boots, and a sweater if needed.
17. A lot of girls wear a tight bodysuit with tight jeans or a tight skirt, but you don’t have to! A low-cut bodysuit pairs well with loose bottoms, like flared or wide leg jeans.
18. Wear a bodysuit to any fancy event by pairing it with an A-line skirt and heels.
19. A lot of these outfits pair bodysuits with heels, but you can absolutely wear something more comfortable and casual – like sneakers. Case in point:
20. A bodysuit works perfectly under a full midi skirt. Pairing tight and loose always looks good!
Which one of these outfits would you wear? How do you style a bodysuit? Let us know in the comments!