Inspirational quotes are something that,as far as I am concerned, are the worst. You know the ones I’m talking about. Like, the ones you might see in your English teacher’s classroom? With, like, a cat hanging onto a branch accompanied by the caption “hang in there? Yeah. They’re 100% terrible and, I might even hazard to say, not even inspirational at all. But you know what is even more horrible than your standard inspirational quote? A relationship goals-themed inspirational quote.
Relationship quotes, as I noted a few weeks ago, are possibly one of the most insidious parts of “relationship goals” culture. They make no sense! They encourage unhealthy relationship behavior! They imply that a single kiss can foreshadow an entire sixty years of resentment and disappointment! But, as most things are, relationship quotes are not 100% evil. In fact, there are some that are cute, some that are funny, and some that–dare I say it?–you might even be able to relate to. So, check out these relationship goals quotes that you’ll actually be able to relate to:
1. I WOULD NORMALLY NEVER PROMOTE THE “COUPLE GOALS” INSTAGRAM BUT THIS ONE IS GOOD OK?
2. Not to adhere to the will of “hashtag twitter,” but…yes:
— Wejdan Sager (@WejdansBooks) June 21, 2016
3. Corny? Yes. But you’d die over a text like this from the right person, right?
4. Ditto this one:
7. RT if u cry every time:
8. Actual goals, tbh:
9. Substitute “pig” for f**kboy here, and. Well. Can’t argue with it:
10. EXTREMELY SAME:
11. KINDA CORNY BUT TRUE AT HEART AND YOU KNOW IT:
12. Heh. No mercy in the group chat, fam:
What do you think of these quotes? Are any of them your ~goals~? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!