Pokémon Go is sweeping the nation and changing the way video games are played. No longer do you have to hole yourself away in a dark room to catch Pokémon – now you can find them in the real world. Why pretend you’re a Pokémon trainer when you can actually go out and be one? All of your childhood dreams are coming true, thanks to this new app. Now all they need to do is create a Mario Bros Go and we’ll be all set.
Twitter is abuzz about the developments of the game, but Tumblr users also aren’t missing the chance to make hilarious posts about the new game. There’s plenty to laugh about: gamers are going outside for the first time and actually getting exercise, police are confused by the large amounts of people wandering around at night who aren’t buying drugs, and girlfriends everywhere are getting seriously annoyed at their Pokémon-catching boyfriends. It’s not all fun and games, though. Some gamers are getting robbed at Pokéstops and one girl actually found a dead body. Stay safe out there!
But, in the meantime, laugh about this phenomenon. I guess you can feel annoyed if you want, but why waste your energy on feeling angry about something fun and harmless? Here are the funniest Tumblr reactions to this new Pokémon craze:
1. When you can’t play so you resort to stuff like this.
2. What a time to be alive.
3. It’s a revolution.
4. Australia got it first…
5. But now it’s taking over the U.S.
6. The game is capturing everyone’s imaginations.
7. There are three different teams.
8. It does take some skill.
9. Here’s the starter pack:
10. Crazy stuff is happening…
11. But we should have expected that.
12. It’s the worst when the server dies.
13. Moms are shocked.
14. Things have changed.
15. Hey, it’s good exercise.
16. Baby Boomers probably hate it.
17. Businesses are capitalizing on its popularity.
18. You have to go out to catch anything!
19. This Twitter user is catching all the funny.
20. You can find Pokémon in the most expected places…
21. And in dangerous places.
22. There are even new types!
23. WHO IS SHE?
24. Who knew you’d be doing this when you were older?!
25. We’ll see if the hype holds up.
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!