Half the fun of having lots of pretty jewelry is storing it in such a way that it acts almost as an extra decoration for your bedroom. Jewelry is so nice to look at that it shouldn’t shoved into a drawer, or only put on display when you’re wearing it. The only issue? Figuring out where to put said jewelry can be a little difficult. There are so many options for jewelry storage out there that it can get overwhelming – not to mention expensive. My personal favorite option is putting some of your prettiest and favorite pieces in small trays or dishes. The dishes look good, the jewelry looks good inside of them, and therefore, my bedroom looks pretty.
You can buy trays or dishes for exactly this purpose all over the place – Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie have especially pretty options – but you can also make them yourself. These DIY projects are fun and relatively simple, and they ensure you’ll have a totally unique dish for your room. Plus, they’re all very Instagramable, especially with a vase of flowers next to them (just sayin’). Check out these gorgeous DIY trays and dishes and find some new and creative ways to show off your jewelry.
1. Make a hexagon shaped tray that looks cool and also helps keep dainty pieces separated from other items.
2. These little clay dishes make for a super fun DIY project, and they’re so versatile – you can make them completely your own with whatever color paint and shape you want.
3. If you’re a DIY newbie, try purchasing an inexpensive white try or dish and then just decorating it on your own.
4. You can also buy inexpensive ceramic bowls, and paint them to look however you want.
5. These little clay dishes are small enough to hold your rings, and using multiple pieces looks awesome.
6. Buy some cheap dishes at a flea market or thrift shop or dollar store, and then craft them into a stacked jewelry tray to hold lots of items.
7. A small animal toy, a dish, and some paint make for the cutest ring holder dish.
8. Use pretty paper and Mod Podge to make easy decorated bowls that can hold your jewelry and look good in your bedroom.
9. These two tiered makeup stand can also be used to hold jewelry. It looks expensive, but is so easy to put together.
10. Copper makes for a unique dish and pops really nicely against a white paint. Use these to hold jewelry (or other small items).
11. Find inexpensive bowls and dishes, and make them into the coolest looking jewelry stand that holds lots of stuff.
12. Use clay and paint to make the prettiest/cutest pineapple dishes ever.
13. Even leather fabric can make an excellent jewelry dish when you do just a little bit of crafting.
14. A fake or real scallop shell with a little paint results in the coolest beach themed jewelry dish.
15. Find a fabric you love and a cheap dish, then decoupage them for a beautiful little holder.
16. This clay owl dish is so adorable and fun.
17. Use gold paint on real or fake oysters for something unique and glam.
18. Make the cutest little jewelry stands ever with some cheap items and paint.
Which one of these DIY jewelry trays is your favorite? Are you going to make one? How do you store your jewelry? Let us know in the comments.