If you think about it, the concepts of #RelationshipGoals and inspirational quotes pretty much go hand-in-hand. Like, if you are attracted to #RelationshipGoals–you know, those Instagram and Twitter accounts that feature blandly attractive, white, heterosexual couples and tell you they should be your “goals”–you probably like inspirational quotes–as in the picture of a cat in a tree with the caption “hang in there”–too. Likewise, if you don’t like relationship goals, you’re probably more likely to be a little skeptical about inspirational quotes.
This means that relationship quotes–a hybrid between relationship goals and inspirational quotes–will either be your very favorite or least favorite thing. Neither relationship goals nor inspirational quotes by themselves are inherently terrible, of course. It’s not bad to want some concrete things to work towards in a relationship, just as there isn’t anything wrong with adopting a few choice words to use as a mantra. (I myself am partial to “rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots”–Anonymous.) It’s just that neither the relationship goals nor the inspirational quotes bear any credibility whatsoever. Attribution is key, people, and that is certainly not something that ever appears next to these quotes. But they’re fun to look at! So, check out these #RelationshipGoals quotes that make no sense:
1. This reasoning feels…flawed:
2. These things are not corny. What’s corny is automatically assuming that other people think they’re corny, and that you are special for upholding them:
3. Metaphorically, yes, this is nice. But, um, literally?
4. THIS IS A BAD ARGUMENT TECHNIQUE:
5. Vaguely incestuous? I don’t know:
6. You’re not like other girls. Get it?
7. The logistics of this one hurts my head!
Long Distance Relationship Quotes Funny pic.twitter.com/s6TRFSV1e9
— Daily Quotes&Sayings (@DailyGreatest) June 19, 2016
8. This is not strictly a “relationship” quote, sure, but it IS some sexist BS:
— Greatquotes (@GreatquotesCo) June 19, 2016
10. WHOOOOSE MANS IS THIS:
11. “Cook a box of velveeta cheese:”
— Australia Adventure (@AU_Adventure) May 27, 2016
12. Well, yes. But why is the relationship hell in the first place? Also, what number exactly is this “pro tip?”
What do you think of these quotes? Did any of them actually make sense to you? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!