You don’t need me to tell you that rainbow beauty looks are very hot right now. We’ve seen rainbow bangs, rainbow freckles, and even multicolored thermal highlighter. And those are just the looks that have happened in the last few months. It’s safe to say that we are definitely at peak rainbow. Even food is getting a multicolored makeover. Rainbow bagels and grilled cheese, anyone?
Say what you will about this multi-colored trend, but it is definitely fun! And, even better, it means something. As you probably know, rainbow is the unofficial (or is it official?) colors or the LGBTQ community, and so wearing it has a lot of meaning of ra lot of people. Even if you’re not sure about rainbow beauty looks for everyday wear, you will want to bring out your best ones to celebrate Pride Month, which, in case you didn’t realize, is June. If there ever was a time to go all out, it’s now. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not entirely convinced about highlighting my face with a product that looks like a pizza, but I am down for rainbow beauty looks to celebrate Pride.
Vlogger Taylor Smith gave us some inspiration last year with her ROYGBIV eye makeup. You can take the look further with eyeliner, mascara, and nails. Get inspired for LGBT Pride with these 12 rainbow makeup tutorials:
1. This manicure looks like it requires a lot of blending skills, but the sponge does all the work for you.
2. There’s no need to bleach your dark brows in order to achieve a vivid rainbow finish. Cover them with a white pencil before applying the colors on top for a brighter look.
3. Even people who aren’t fans of tie-dye will love this look.
4. Trade your black cat eye for a multicolored flick. It’s a subtler option, but it is still amazing.
5. Make your rainbow eyes pop by adding white and black into the mix.
6. Eyeshadow is the more obvious choice, but ROYGBIV mascara is a fun idea to celebrate Pride.
7. For a fun twist on the look, try a pastel rainbow eyeliner flick.
8. Try playing around with the direction of your rainbow liner, like with this striped look.
9. This manicure is a cinch to do when you use a fine brush or dotting tool.
10. If you don’t have unicorn hair, use different colored hair chalks on your roots. Then top with glitter.
11. Use your entire eye area to create a rainbow.
12. Pride is a celebration. There is no better way to incorporate the confetti than with your eyeliner.
Which idea do you want to try out? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!