You know when you buy a new sweater and you’re taking off the tags and that little plastic bag filled with extra buttons falls to the floor? You consider throwing them out, but then you get paranoid that you might one day really need them, so you put them away, thinking, I will probably use these and yet…. here you are, four years later, with a drawer filled with buttons from clothes you don’t even have anymore. Yeah, we’ve all been there. Luckily, there are some cute and unique ways to use old buttons that will make the most of your hoarding habit.
But, uh, what are they? There are a ton of cool upcycling projects that use buttons in unique ways in order to make art, jewelry, accessories and so many other things that you didn’t know were so easy to make. And don’t worry if they’re all mismatched – that makes it even better. If you don’t stockpile little baggies of buttons, don’t feel left out – you can buy packs of buttons from a craft store for just a couple of dollars. Want to try some simple and adorable DIY projects? Here are some unique ways to upcycle buttons that you need to check out:
1. Make a statement word into a decoration for your wall by covering it in buttons.
The more different colors and sizes, the better!
2. Create the coolest thumb tacks.
You don’t need to decorate these, but why not?
3. Turn old bobby pins into cute-as-a-button pins! (Get it?)
Instantly add some flair to your hairstyles with these cute bobby pins.
4. Use buttons instead of numbers on this DIY clock!
This is different and fun, and could even make a sweet gift.
5. This button bowl looks complicated but is actually suuuuuper simple.
Impress everyone with your uber crafty ways.
6. Use vintage gold buttons for a necklace.
This is so pretty that no one will even realize you made it yourself.
7. Crochet with buttons for adorable flowers.
You can use these as decorations for almost anything.
8. Keep your work organized with button paper clips!
Again, you don’t need to decorate your safety pins, but why not? It makes them even easier to use and find what you need.
9. Make a simple book mark with ribbon and buttons.
The cutest way to find your page.
10. Make two different types of lampshades!
This is a great way to update your bedroom a little bit.
11. Create an easy calendar with buttons.
12. Make some super adorable and super easy button rings.
Who knew buttons could make the cutest little rings?
13. Put together a cool button key chain.
You’ll never lose your keys again!
14. DIY some Disney-inspired Minnie Mouse hair clips.
These are perfect if you’re a Disney lover.
15. Make a decorative button tree on canvas.
Want some artwork to hang on the walls? Make it yourself!
16. Make a simple but classic button bracelet.
This might be my favorite button jewelry on this page!
Did you try any of these projects? Which one if your favorite? Tell us in the comments!