I honestly try not to be such a hater when it comes to people’s eating preferences, but there’s something about extreme diets that make me want to bang my head against a wall. Maybe it’s because the culture surrounding everything from juice cleanses to gluten-free paleo whatever diets reminds me so much of religious fanatics. You know when people come knocking on your door to talk to you about Jesus? It’s like that, but with more kale and less carbs.
Frankly, there’s a lot of misinformation surrounding so many diets out there. There’s not much of a need to go gluten-free unless you have a gluten intolerance, juice cleanses apparently don’t work, detoxing is a scam, and it’s hard to justify completely cutting out bread or dairy for health reasons when so many people around the world eat bred and dairy and are incredibly healthy. All of that on top of the fact that I come across some celeb selling diet tea daily? Ugh, give me a damn break! But there’s a sense of humor to be had about the weirdness of diet culture, especially when people are asking some really ridiculous questions and believing some really outlandish things. To see what I’m talking about, take a look at these 15 weird af questions about dieting from Yahoo Answers that’ll make you want to eat a ton of dairy out of pure spite.
1. Um…no. No, you’re not.
2. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
3. …No comment.
4. Jesus loves juice cleanses, obviously.
5. Don’t do this. Ever.
6. Okay, that’s a good one.
7. This would probably, you know, kill you. You need to poop for a reason.
8. I’d love to go on this donut diet.
9. This sounds unpleasant. Who would do this to themselves?
10. Who would ever? I just…huh?
12. Wouldn’t 90 percent of your time on this diet be spent getting that tiny little seed out of the shell?
13. Who makes this stuff up? No, seriously. HOW IS THIS A THING THAT REAL PEOPLE HAVE DONE?
14. Maybe if you’re a wild animal.
15. Yogurt and jelly. You know what? I’m done. Bye. BYE.
What diet trend makes you see red? Tell us in the comments!