In case you aren’t familiar with the genius that is Tina Belcher from Bob’s Burgers, let me catch you up. Tina is a thirteen year-old romantic who falls hard for boys and lacks social skills…. so, basically like every other cis-gender girl out there (although, replace “boys” with “anyone” and it becomes more relatable). She’s also cool and confident and knows what she wants. As she says herself, she is a “smart, strong, sensual woman.” Tina’s awesome because you don’t see many girls on TV who are open about having sexual feelings. GET IT, TINA.
Tina Belcher was originally supposed to be a boy named Dan. Thank goodness they changed it. When the creators decided he should be a girl, the voice actor, Dan Mintz, kept the same voice for the character. THAT’S COMEDY. Tina doesn’t have a ton of emotional range as a person, but it’s clear that she feels a lot inside. She is in that stage of growing up where she still likes little girl stuff but is transitioning into being a woman. It’s rough for Tina as it is for all of us, and that’s what makes her so easy to laugh at.
You are a mix of confidence, awkwardness, and quirky randomness – you are basically Tina Belcher. Don’t believe me? Here are 25 hilarious times Tina literally was you:
1. When you find texting difficult.
2. When you know you’re a badass.
3. When you get a little too emotional about small things.
4. You have an intimate relationship with your diary.
5. You’re an independent woman.
6. When you try to pretend everything is okay but clearly everything is not okay.
7. You have a hard time hiding your true feelings.
8. Weird questions are always popping into your head.
9. You’ve got confidence.
10. You believe in yourself.
11. Because you like these things also.
12. When you know you are Beyoncé.
13. You’re not going to be bothered by boys who don’t know what they want.
14. You’re thirsty.
15. REALLY thirsty.
16. You always think you’ve met “the one.”
17. You love butts.
18. You might not always be the smoothest.
19. But you ask for what you want.
20. You know how to take a compliment.
21. You can be a bit dramatic from time to time.
22. You’re swampy and proud.
23. You act really humble.
24. You’ve got moooooves.
25. You’re fashionable.
Do you relate to Tina Belcher? Let us know in the comments below.