On a scale of 1-10, please tell me—how petty are you, really?
I ask this only because I happen to be moderately-to-severely petty, myself. I try not to be, I really do, but the shackles of pettiness, messiness, and living for drama seem to have claimed me once and for all, effectively transforming me into a true messy bitch who lives for drama. One might even say that I am a bonafide member of the petty AF squad (the greatest social club that there is), and for this I blame the Internet.
This is because the Internet is a haven for all those who are overly dramatic. It is here that the smallest of grievances are blown up to massive proportions, and there is no minor scandal that cannot be immediately transformed into a trending hashtag, listicle, and pressing cause. Here, outrage is the only emotion worth feeling, essentially.
Which is what brings me to my original question—how petty are you? If you have ever used the Internet in any capacity—which, if you use context clues, I assume you have at least once—you are probably at least a little bit petty, too. But why fight it? Being petty can be both fun and rewarding, and these tweets prove it. So, check out the best tweets about being petty AF:
1. Your pettiness knows no bounds:
When a boy I like doesn't give me proper attention I deserve I become petty af
Him: "hey cutie"
Me: "hey bestie :)"
— Thomas (@ThomasBeautyy) May 10, 2016
2. And is only exacerbated by hunger, obviously:
Dating me is like pic.twitter.com/i0z7Jpy1lu
— what (@chanelpuke) May 13, 2016
3. You would do this, probably:
INTERVIEWER: You wrote "I'm petty" on your resume? Why?
ME: Well I would've told you if you met with me at 9:00am like I asked
— Michael (@Home_Halfway) May 10, 2016
4. Whenever you try to come clean about your pettiness, your loved ones are like, “Yes, and…?”
me: I have a confession
my boyfriend: what
me: I'm a messy bitch who lives 4 drama
my boyfriend: I already knew that.
— bitchy spice (@jalisathepizza) March 13, 2016
5. Because you have already confessed to them that, yes, pettiness is your kink:
— rt your kink (@rtyourkink) May 11, 2016
6. This is so you (you almost never stop yourself, though):
When I'm about to tweet something petty but I gotta stop myself pic.twitter.com/Mb2b3Ih0wU
— NOT GRUMPY CAT (@GrumpyyCat) May 11, 2016
7. It’s gotten to the point where your friends know what’s going on before you even open your mouth:
Me: *has a petty thought*
Them: not that face again…. Whatever you're about to do, do not do it!
— Kardashian Reactions (@KardashianHumor) May 12, 2016
8. And they’re like “STOP” and you’re like “I CAN’T:”
when ur friends r telling u to stop being petty & ur trying but it's honestly so fun & u dont know why ur like this pic.twitter.com/RRkqvv6rUq
— Kardashian Reactions (@KardashianHumor) May 11, 2016
9. Joanne the Scammer is your idol, obviously:
I love the blonde me.. pic.twitter.com/okoRkoEdpI
— Joanne The Scammer (@joanneprada) May 10, 2016
10. You are so very inspired by this one video of Mariah Carey correcting her backup singers:
Mariah Carey correcting her backup singers during live performances pic.twitter.com/fjBDIt8H02
— Griselda Blanco (@TheNotoriousK1M) December 18, 2015
11. And this is your mantra, obviously:
there's no limit to your petty.
— atmosphere (@atmosphere) May 11, 2016
12. You relate, on a spiritual level, to this cartoon cat being petty. Just like you:
me when I hear people don't like me pic.twitter.com/yz5TRHcIhC
— no plz (@tbhplzdont) May 2, 2016
13. If someone ever ate your fries, you would write a song about it at the very least:
her dad ate her fries so she made a song about itpic.twitter.com/2zuvYvPNbE
— Common White Girl (@girlposts) May 11, 2016
14. You just can’t let anything go:
When y'all both petty and want the last wordpic.twitter.com/w4JGVAhIhC
— I FOLLOW BACK (@DarrionESPN) May 13, 2016
15. You accept that this is petty, and you also accept that it is extremely goals:
— Melissa Harris-Perry (@MHarrisPerry) May 13, 2016
16. The little moments like this, when you finally get to reveal your true self, is what life is all about:
When you've been patient for too long and it's time for you to get petty: pic.twitter.com/lm7kqdDfQf
— Common White Girl (@girlposts) May 12, 2016
So, really–are you petty? Which of these tweets was your fave? Let us know in the comments!