I don’t know about you guys, but there’s something about spring and new beginnings that make me want to try wearing something I’ve never worn before. For me, this year, that new clothing item is a jumpsuit. I’ve stayed away from them in the past because I’m short and they almost never fit me correctly, but I think I’m going to find one and take the plunge. Why not? Jumpsuits are versatile, comfortable, stylish, and perfect for transitional spring weather. If you want to try one out too, but you’re not sure how to wear one, I’ve done the work for you. I’ve been searching the Internet for jumpsuit outfit ideas for the warmer weather, and I’ve found some truly awesome inspiration.
We’ve already shown you how to make jumpsuits work for winter, but I actually think they’re more perfect for spring. They cover you up for those chilly spring moments without making you feel suffocated, and they’re a great layering piece. I also love how you can easily dress up a jumpsuit for a fancy event (even prom!) or wear it super casually while running errands on a weekend. Okay, it’s settled: my personal goal this weekend is to buy one that I love. In the meantime, here are 20 style tips on how to wear a jumpsuit this spring. Let’s get inspired together!
1. A jersey jumpsuit can easily look like pajamas, but adding a fitted leather jacket and a pair of heels instantly dresses it up.
2. A jumpsuit with a wider leg is a little retro and glam. Channel your inner celebrity with a floppy hat, big sunglasses, and bright lipstick.
3. A lot of women add heels to their jumpsuits for the extra height, but they look just as great with a pair of simple flats. This outfit is so comfortable you’ll feel like you’re living in sweats for the day.
4. Opt for a bright floral jumpsuit to really make a statement. A braid crown and strappy sandals make this look boho and feminine.
5. Even a simple jumpsuit doesn’t need much to look good. Just add some pretty jewelry and a pair of heels, and it works for day or night.
6. Add a fitted blazer and a pair of pumps for a more professional vibe.
7. Make a bright jumpsuit work for any fancy event, like prom or a wedding, by adding a sparkly necklace, a nice clutch, and a pretty hairstyle.
8. A denim jumpsuit with cutouts is the perfect casual piece for a spring day. Add a cute pair of sandals and you’re good to go.
9. If you feel like your jumpsuit needs *something* try adding a pretty gold belt to cinch the waist. That’s literally all this gorgeous jumpsuit needs to look more dressed up.
10. The perfect casual ensemble: a denim jacket, a cotton jumpsuit, and white sneakers. Pile on some jewelry to keep the look from being too bummy.
11. Keep your look minimalist and easy by simply adding a pair of ankle boots to a cropped jumpsuit.
12. You can make a fancier looking jumpsuit more casual with a floral kimono, which is also ideal for spring days where you need a little extra layer, but nothing too warm.
13. If you’re going for a super trendy vibe, add a cropped denim vest, a skinny belt, a floppy hat, and strappy sandals.
14. I love a simple v-neck jumpsuit for long days at the beach or beach vacations. They’re so easy because they literally don’t require anything else.
15. A pair of comfortable sneakers look so cute with a casual jumpsuit.
16. When you’re wearing a jumpsuit with a pattern this bold and bright, you really don’t need to add anything else besides simple gold jewelry.
17. A chambray jumpsuit is light and comfy and perfect for a warm day.
18. Instead of a straight leg or a wide leg, go for something different: a cropped jumpsuit that resembles gauchos.
19. Wear a low-cut jumpsuit with lace-up heels and braids for a sexier look.
20. Strategically placed cutouts make even the most simple jumpsuit instantly look more sexy. Add bright accessories to something all black for a pop of color.
Which one of these outfit ideas is your favorite? What did we forget to include? How do you wear a jumpsuit? Let us know in the comments.