I have gone on the record many, many times about being an ardent #RelationshipGoals hater. I hate their first couple, Jay and Alexis. I hate their matching sweatpants. I hate the way they kiss. But now, I have to come clean–despite loathing everything about relationship goals, I do, for whatever reason, find best friend goals to be oddly charming.
This is probably disingenuous of me to say because, in essence, best friend goals are the exact same thing as relationship goals. They show young, rich, attractive people–often celebrities, like Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez or Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid–doing things that would not be goals to anyone, necessarily (like eating pizza or wearing matching shorts or something) except for the fact that we, the viewer, are told they should be goals. And yet, whenever I see them, some “relatability” factor deep within me is touched, and I am forced to tag or show it to my own besties in it faster than you can say “KenGi.” What can I say? I am a hypocrite, and proud of it! Perhaps you, too, find relationship goals to be nauseating, but best friend goals to be oddly…intriguing? If so, check out these best friend goals that will replace all of your previous #RelationshipGoals:
1. I should not fall prey to such materialism!
2. In theory, I am immune to the powers of Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez:
— FashionweekNYC (@FashionweekNYC) February 15, 2016
3. In practice, I am not:
4. You aren’t, either:
5. Ann and Leslie are goals, too:
6. And, of course, let us know forget the perfection that is Beyonce and Nicki Minaj in “Feelin’ Myself:”
7. These two, also:
8. You don’t have to be an international supermodel to be best friend goals, though:
9. You can just remember the exact date your friend got her appendix out:
10. Or participate in some ritual bloodletting:
— Brit Stouwie (@britstouwie) April 27, 2016
11. And just, you know, generally be extremely comfortable with them (and their families):
12. Or help them with whatever problems they’re having. No matter what:
13. Ultimate BFF goals–being petty AF together, obviously:
14. You can be a little crazy. It’s okay:
15. Ah, yes. Goals:
best friend goals: have your friend come over at 9:30 pm to braid your hair pic.twitter.com/aLff6ruJeG
— allyssa (@allyssa_t) April 18, 2016
What do you think about BFF goals? Are they better or worse than #RelationshipGoals? Let us know in the comments!