Like so many others, eyebrows didn’t become super important to me until about two years ago. This was around the time the beauty world started to become obsessed with brows – specifically, making them look perfectly shaped and impeccably groomed. As thick, full brows became more and more popular, the picture perfect Instagram brow became a Thing, and we all started attempting to learn how to shape our eyebrows – a task that is much easier said than done. Even after a few years, I, for one, could still use some tips.
Again, I only recently started playing around with my brows. I was blessed with nice eyebrows, and I didn’t tweeze or shape them until about a year and a half ago. The first time I got my eyebrows shaped was a truly life-changing experience, and now I put more maintenance into them, tweezing stray hairs every few days, and filling them in with brow pencils and gels every morning. I still haven’t quite mastered shaping them myself, though. Every six or eight weeks, I head over to Spruce & Bond, a salon in NYC, where I get my brows tweezed into a gorgeous shape. I only let this one girl do my eyebrows, and while I love her work, I also spend a good chunk of change on this beauty routine.
Maybe you want to shape your eyebrows, but you don’t want to spend the money. I feel that! Or maybe you just want to learn how to do it on your own so that you can do it whenever you want and feel like a beauty guru. I feel that too! If so, these tips and tricks will help you figure out how to get the shape that’s right for you, and in turn, make your brows look amazing. Check out these 18 tutorials and tips on how to shape your eyebrows:
1. First things first: have the right tools. You’ll need these little guys for shaping:
2. You’ll obviously also need eyebrow makeup. There’s a lot out there, so here’s a breakdown on what could be best for you:
3. You also need to pinpoint what you’re already working with so you know where to go from there.
4. Your face shape can help determine which shape you should go for. You don’t have to follow this, but it’s a good idea if you want your brows to look natural:
5. Here’s what each shape will do to your face appearance, because believe it or not, eyebrows have a big impact on how you look.
6. Here’s one more helpful breakdown on what shape you should go for:
7. Okay, before you grab your tools, read these three helpful tips:
8. You should also remember this:
9. This little guide covers a whole lot:
10. This method of lining up a pencil to your brow is the best way to find a natural shape.
11. Let’s get into a little more detail there:
12. Follow Lauren Conrad’s steps:
13. Maybe you want to shape without tweezing or waxing. Here’s how you can do that by filling in your brows:
14. No matter what you’re doing, keep these common mistakes in mind:
15. Feel free to use a brow stencil if you don’t think you can manage going free-hand.
16. Never forget about a light highlighting pencil! It’s so easy and makes brows look much better.
17. Go for this Korean style eyebrow shape for something different:
18. Lastly, here’s how to groom your brows if they’re thick:
Which eyebrow tip was your favorite? How do you shape your brows? Fill me in in the comments.