The politics of taking pictures with a date at prom, as with most things that are high school and prom-related, tend to be heavily fraught with drama. You’ve got to match with your date. You’ve got to make sure you even like your date. Then, you know, you’ve got to make sure that your date is totally vibing with you, and willing to deal with the multiple re-takes required to get the perfect shot for your Insta. With all of that to worry about, what would you even do if, say, your date ends up ditching you? Megan Schaller, a senior at Roland Park Country School, an all-girl’s school in Baltimore, Maryland, knows the struggle–according to Seventeen, her planned date got a (different) girlfriend shortly after she asked them, leaving her in a little bit of an awkward situation. But, as Olivia Pope might say, it was handled. Check out the dates she brought instead:
Gorgeous. Although Megan didn’t actually bring these cutouts to the dance, she did get these sweet pics–which, arguably, is the most important part of prom. Doesn’t it make you feel inspired? I know it inspired me, anyway, to embark on a mission to find out if there are any other amazing prom pictures like this out there. As it turns out, there definitely are–so, in honor of Megan Schaller, Harry Styles, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, check out some of the funniest prom pictures you’ll ever see:
1. Here’s another, less subtle, way to deal with a date that’s ditched you:
2. When ur just chillin in the foliage >>>>
5. Dads… amirite?
6. Right. Of course:
7. You know how grandma always *has* to make it all about her?
8. If you have a date, you must hit up the finest dining establishment out there–which is, of course, McDonald’s. Be prepared to bring your own tablecloth and candles, though:
9. No date? No problem:
10. No problem at all:
11. What? I said I’m fine, guys. STOP LOOKING AT ME:
What do you think of these pictures? Which one was your fave? Let us know in the comments!