You know Jay Alvarez and Alexis Ren. Even if you don’t know those exact names, you certainly know their faces. You know their bodies. And, most importantly, you know them as a relationship, a single entity, because Jay Alvarez and Alexis Ren are the perfect couple. You might have seen them on YouTube. You’ve definitely seen them on Instagram. They are #RelationshipGoals, the encapsulation of all that is holy for wealthy, genetically blessed couples who get paid to do nothing more than look great and travel the world. Together, of course.
I am of the belief that their popularity is mostly pretty dumb. If Jay and Alexis were ever to break up, their legions of fans would probably weep for a few weeks, then move onto another couple to obsess over, simply because the pair has achieved their fame through being together most of the time–one without the other is just another beautiful, unhindered, Fit Tea-shilling Instagram model. Of course, in the end, Jay and Alexis as an entity don’t need my approval. They don’t need your approval either. They have the approval–more than that, actually, since it’s something more akin to unfiltered adulation–of the overall masses as a whole, the ones who comment “#goals” and “I want their life” and “SO FRIGGEN JEALOUS” on their photos. They don’t need me at all, which is why I don’t feel too bad about making fun of them a little bit. Check out the weirdest pictures of Jay and Alexis–allegedly the perfect, ultimate #RelationshipGoals couple:
1. Can we start with this picture that clearly matches the caption? Because right. Of course:
3. Who doesn’t ~lounge~ like this?
4. Or this?
5. Oh, just relaxin’ by the ocean. Don’t mind us:
6. “What? Stop LOOking at us. All couples do this:”
7. “Are you saying that capturing this moment from multiple angles, so we can post it on our separate couple accounts, isn’t ‘normal’?”
8. Wait. Are Jay and Alexis one of those video game couples?
9. Well, they are definitely one of those couples who don’t know how to kiss each other:
10. I mean:
11. Ah, yes. Loungin’ again in coordinating sweatpants. Now, that’s the life:
12. This looks… painful and uncomfortable.
13. Who is taking these pictures? These moments just seem very personal.
(Obviously, overall, there’s not too much to hate on–it’s just funny to see how a real-life Relationship Goals couple works. Keep doing you, Alexis and Jay, should you guys ever read this. Clearly, something’s working here.)
What do you think of Jay and Alexis? Are they goals or no? Let us know in the comments!