Who hasn’t had those mornings where they wake up, drink some coffee, look in the mirror, and think, “Damn, I look exhausted.” Not getting enough sleep does more than just make you feel really run-down – it makes you look really run-down too. And while no woman should be expected to look bright-eyes and bushy-tailed no matter how busy she is (that’s unrealistic), we sometimes have a day where we really don’t want to look as tired as we are. On those days, makeup is here to help.
Exhaustion does a few things to you that can be corrected with the right beauty products. The most obvious signs of someone who definitely went to bed too late the night before are dark circles and/or puffy bags under their eyes. Aside from that, feeling sleepy can also take away your *natural glow*, making your skin look washed out, dull, and dry. Luckily, there are plenty of makeup tips to follow if you’re trying to avoid this very chic insomniac look for the day. Read on for 20 makeup tricks that will help you look less tired.
1. The most obvious beauty issue with being tired are dark circles under the eyes. Knock those out first using an undereye concealer that is a shade lighter than your normal color.
2. Dull skin is another downside to being exhausted. Use some highlighter strategically to make your skin look luminous.
3. If you’re really tired, your eyes are going to look droopy, even if you cover up the dark circles. Follow this tutorial to get the look of larger eyes that are wide awake.
4. Get yourself an illuminating concealer, like YSL Touche Eclat. This is a mix of a concealer and highlighter, and can be used to brighten up your whole face, which is especially helpful when you’re tired AND in a rush.
6. One white pencil can make a huge difference! Apply it to your inner corners to make eyes look larger and very awake.
7. Some products that you should definitely use to look less tired (and no, they don’t have to be Clinique): hydrating mask, energizing moisturizer, highlighter, concealer, and a bright lipstick.
8. Follow this tutorial to seriously highlight your eyes:
9. One secret to looking more awake? False eyelashes. These little guys can instantly make your eyes look wide and bright. Here’s how to apply them.
10. Not into the idea of falsies? Curl your eyelashes for a similar effect. Here’s how to do it right:
11. Blush is excellent for giving you a subtle glow and taking away that dull, sleepy look. Here are a few ways to use it to your advantage:
12. Instead of contouring, try strobing – it’s faster, easier, and gives you an instant and much-needed glow.
13. Color correcting concealer might be the answer to your problems. I personally love to use yellow and a deep pink under my eyes to look more awake.
14. Revive yourself with some facial mist. This stuff gives off a boost of energy and can make skin glow. I love carrying it around for touch-ups when I’m tired during the day.
15. Highlighting your brows can change your whole look. Here’s how to do it right:
16. Get that summer look even though it’s still chilly outside with this easy tutorial:
17. When you’re really tired, your eyes droop and skin sags, and your concealer can easily start creasing. Here’s how to crease-proof your undereye area:
18. Use light eyeshadow, like a shimmery white, to quickly make you look brighter.
19. Bronzer is another easy way to give yourself a natural glow. Here’s how to apply it without overdoing it:
20. Lastly, a bright lipstick can distract from any other problems you might be having. Here’s how to make it look good:
Which of these makeup tips are you going to try? What did we forget to include? Let me know in the comments.