“No-makeup makeup” might sound like the most confusing term out there, but trust me: it isn’t that complicated. It basically refers to a very natural makeup look, something that makes it appear as though you were born with gorgeous skin, beautiful eyelids, long eyelashes, perfectly pink cheeks, and a sun kissed, dewey glow. Or, in Beyonce’s words, that you just “woke up like dis.” And, honestly, who doesn’t want that?
No-makeup makeup tutorials are all about coming off as effortless when really, you put a decent amount of effort into your look. This might seem simple, but real beauty gurus know that this very natural look is sometimes the most difficult of all. This is because it’s often all about picking the exact right colors that work for your skin tone and blending like a total pro. It’s not easy to make your makeup look invisible (yet totally visible), and so a little help is much-needed by most people. These 20 no-makeup makeup tutorials will help give you the perfectly imperfect natural look:
1. Only a few products can give you the natural look you want. If you don’t feel the need to cover too much of your skin, this tutorial is perfect:
2. If you’re putting on foundation, be sure to keep coverage light, like so:
3. Make an entire makeup routine look more natural by following these steps:
4. The no-makeup look means natural looking lips too. Here’s how to keep a nude lip from looking too blah:
5. Remember this tip on how to hold a powder brush so that it ends up looking natural and not too cakey:
6. You can use concealer on several spots to brighten up your face and keep it looking flawless:
7. This neutral eye shadow ombre look sounds complicated, but is really simple, and it looks very natural:
8. Here’s how to make your eyes look awesome and still natural.
9. Apply your face makeup like so to get the look of flawless skin without looking like you have a lot of product on. You don’t need contouring to look amazing!
10. A palette of neutral colors, like Urban Decay’s Naked Basics, is perfect for the natural look. Try this tutorial for your eye shadow:
11. Here are some tips on how to wear certain makeup items without making them look super obvious:
12. Yes, you can make nude lips look more full. Here’s how to make your lips look flawless but also like they have no product on at all.
13. Use a highlighter like YSL Touche Eclat (or your choice) to brighten up certain spots on your face, instantly giving your skin a glowing look that is still super natural.
14. Want a neutral daytime makeup look? Here’s exactly how to get it:
15. The basic makeup products needed for a no-makeup makeup look are right here:
16. Here’s how to keep a nude lip looking neutral with a little bit of sass:
17. This tutorial is easy to apply and will keep your routine super fast.
18. Use this makeup base tutorial for the base before contouring, or just as your no-makeup look:
19. Learn how to cover up your blemishes in the most natural way possible:
20. An even skin tone is essential for the natural look. Here’s how to get it:
Which one of these no-makeup makeup tutorials are you going to try? How do you get a natural look? Let us know in the comments.