School is important. Anyone in your life who knows what’s best for you has probably said something along those lines to you, usually followed by a blithe reminder that “education is the key to success.” And, yeah, from a strictly objective and fact-based perspective, this is definitely true. You realize that education is important and vital for your future and that you have to do well there because you, like DJ Khaled (remember him?) would like to hold the key to success.
It’s just that sometimes, when you’re actually in school, it’s scarily easy to forget just how important it really is. Right? I mean, not, like, all the time–school can feel extremely meaningful when you’ve just aced a test that you thought you had failed or when your teacher accidentally drops a dry-erase marker and makes a really funny noise when they bend down to pick it up–just sometimes. Like when you definitely did not ace a test that you thought you did really well on. Or when you get a lunchtime detention for a dress code violation. Or when you have an eight-hour school day followed by cross country practice followed by math tutoring followed by four hours of homework that your teachers give out because the “real world is much harder.”
I’m sure you can relate. You know what the good news is, though? A lot of the abject misery you feel in school is also prime subject for jokes–the best jokes stem out of misery, after all. Check out these tweets about school that are so funny that, for the time being at least, they’ll make you forget how much you actually hate being there:
1. Some HEATHENS at this girl’s school just threw CHOPPED RED ONIONS in the toilet, which might be reason enough to drop out, tbh:
who the FUCK brings a bag of CHOPPED RED ONIONS to school just to throw them in the TOILET i fuckin HATE my school pic.twitter.com/jTHCIcV7iz
— bitter bitch (@lyxopk) February 10, 2016
2. You have friends there, though. Probably:
I had lots of imaginary friends as a kid. In that I went into school and imagined all the other kids were my friends.
— James Acaster (@JamesAcaster) February 19, 2016
3. When you know exactly what you need to get through the day:
Check list for school today
Snacks (4 hours worth)
— Heath S (@HeathSmiley) February 19, 2016
4. You do care about looking presentable! About one percent of the time:
180 days in a school year
*dresses nice for 2 of them*
— Grant Austin (@RealGrantAustin) February 19, 2016
5. Not that anyone else is putting in much of an effort:
you at school & you didn't even brush your teeth .
— Δ (@panamagoId) February 19, 2016
6. Even the teachers know that things are pretty bunk at most institutions of higher learning:
— Kyle Mitchell (@MrWhatthedoodle) February 19, 2016
7. It is a universal truth that all attendance administrators drive golf carts, right?
when ur tryna leave school & u hear a golf cart approaching pic.twitter.com/JJOPxxiUTP
— First World Pains (@FirstWorldPains) February 19, 2016
8. They can’t really blame you for skipping, though:
— Common White Girl (@CommonWhiteGirI) August 4, 2015
9. Ummmm, WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!!
Son: Am I democrat or republican?
Me: It's about what you believe in
Son: Do they both believe in school?
Son: Then I'm neither
— andy lassner (@andylassner) February 19, 2016
10. Still, that assigned reading? Might come in handy one day:
[sees girl reading The Catcher in the Rye]
"Ah I love that book. The way he just [clenches fist] catches all that frickin rye."
— David Hughes (@david8hughes) June 1, 2014
11. Even though some people at your school are arguably the unspeakably evil:
Mom: how was school today? pic.twitter.com/o3GOJDQu4A
— Michael Sayegh (@mikesayegh95) February 19, 2016
12. And your teachers do nothing but distract you from your creative process:
When the teacher says you can't eat in class… pic.twitter.com/TqD8nkdyaN
— Common Girl (@ItsCommonGirI) February 17, 2016
13. I mean:
when ur absent from school & u ask the teacher to explain something & they just say ‘well you should have been here’ pic.twitter.com/strJbKLunY
— JENNA MARBLES! (@ItsJennaMarbles) February 19, 2016
14. Until you get to work on a project with your friend. That’s pretty cool:
When the teacher tells you to pick a partner and you look at your friend like pic.twitter.com/8o1htLZ4zB
— FREDDY (@FreddyAmazin) February 16, 2016
15. But still, that’s, like, work. Not cool:
— Student Problems (@FactsOfSchool) February 19, 2016
16. And it’s not like anything you’re learning is *that* important, comparatively:
One thing that they don't teach you in school is that humanity is actually a pretty garbage species, and penguins and stuff are way better.
— Existential Comics (@existentialcoms) February 19, 2016
17. And when you finally escape? You still aren’t totally free:
When u see someone from school in public n u gotta hide pic.twitter.com/VIzrVQU1Fd
— ਸਿਮਰਨ (@thesimdhesi) February 19, 2016
18. And when you have an awkward crush? Well, it’s pretty terrible. Fortunately, you know how to handle it:
when i was 7 i had a crush on a girl in my class & didnt know how to deal w it so I wrote her a letter that just said "get out of my school"
— lindsey (@Lindzeta) January 15, 2013
What do you think of these tweets? Which one was your fave? Let us know in the comments!