If you follow fashion bloggers on Instagram, then you already know that bralettes have become super popular in the last few years – it’s close to impossible to scroll through fashion #OOTD photos without spotting a lacy bralette sitting on top of a cozy sweater. Even if you feel like they’re impractical, you can’t deny that bralettes are gorgeous to look at, and they instantly make any outfit feel a little bit sexier. While these are great for warm weather outfits (I love wearing a pretty bralette under a loose tank top), they’re also great for winter outfits. But how do you make such a tiny piece of fabric work when your ultimate goal is to be warm? Start by checking out these outfit ideas, for one.
I know bralettes seem limiting since they’re typically made for smaller breasts. While there are options for girls with bigger boobs, this is a clothing item that is definitely made with smaller chests in mind. Still, that doesn’t mean you can’t figure out a way to wear them if you can find one in your size! To get totally honest with you guys, I’m a 32D, and I own tons of bralettes that fit nicely.
I love wearing bralettes in the winter because I love the extra feminine feeling. Winter clothes mean lots of layers for me, and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and puffy and not stylish at all. But with a beautiful bralette underneath my tops, I feel instantly more chic. So, here are 20 style tips on how to wear bralettes for the rest of the winter season. These will definitely inspire you!
1. Wear a strappy bralette underneath a loose tank top – it looks cute peaking out, and it makes for a really nice layering effect. Stay warm by adding a cozy long cardigan on top.
2. Strappy bralettes can easily look more dressed up, but you can keep them casual by wearing them under a plain tee – this is ideal if you want to cover up your cleavage a little bit but still look ~sexy.~
3. Make a cozy sweater look more chic and feminine by allowing a lacy bralette to peak out around the collar. This is a great way to update even your bulkiest sweaters.
4. Plaid shirts are a winter staple, and you can make them look glam by wearing a pretty bralette underneath. Let it show by unbuttoning a few of the top buttons.
5. You know those sweaters that are full of holes and need to be worn with a tank top underneath? Well, go for something sexier and just wear a pretty bralette underneath that you want to show off. This obviously isn’t a good look for school or work, but it’s a great way to stay warm and stand out when you’re having a night out.
6. Have you ever seen a super low cut shirt and wondered, “Um, how are you even supposed to wear that?” Well, that’s what bralettes were made for. This is definitely a sexy look, but adding a knit cardigan over it makes a cool contrast.
7. A cool strappy bralette is begging to be shown off. Wear yours under a low-cut sweater for a perfect layered look.
8. Some bralettes resemble small crop tops – so why not wear them as if they were a crop top? Add high-waist pants and a cozy cardigan to stay warm.
9. If you’re searching for a super sexy look for a night out, do something like this: a loose tank top paired with a lacy bralette and skinny jeans. Bonus points for the chain necklace.
10. Here’s a super easy weekend outfit: a cute bralette with high waist jeans, a knit cardigan, and a floppy hat.
11. Make a boring gray top more interesting by allowing a beautiful bralette to peak out the top. It’s such an easy update.
12. Instead of wearing a button down shirt over a tank, wear it over a bralette you want to show off and leave the top few buttons undone. Keep this look casual by pairing it with boyfriend jeans and small heels.
13. A plaid shirt and black choker scream ’90s vibes, but a lacy bralette makes your look very 2016.
14. Wearing a sweater with a low back? Put it over a bralette that is strappy in the back. It’s one of those times you actually want people to see your bra straps.
15. Instead of wearing a sheer shirt over a tank top, wear it over a cool bralette. Make this look work for winter by pairing it with jeans, knit socks, and boots.
16. The most annoying thing about off-the-shoulder tops is that, at some point, your whole bra hangs out. Make things easier by wearing a pretty patterned bralette under one of these – you’ll want people to see it.
17. Or stay more subtle by wearing a bralette under a small tank. It makes a super casual look, like this one, instantly more interesting and #OOTD worthy.
18. Not sure how to wear your halter bralette? Just let the straps hang out under a plain tee.
19. If you have a bralette with a high neck, let it show under a low cut top – it looks like you’re a master at layering, which you kind of are, tbh.
20. If you’re going out and you want to be the center of attention, go for this bold look: a bralette as a crop top paired with a high waist pencil skirt. Very bombshell.
Which of these outfit ideas is your favorite? How do you wear your bralette? Let us know in the comments.