Emergency contraception like Plan-B can prevent an unwanted pregnancy up to 72 hours after having unprotected sex or dealing with a condom malfunction. It’s even more easily accessible to teens now than ever before, which is great! So… does that mean that all those myths about pouring Sprite up your cooch after having unprotected sex to avoid pregnancy are going to finally start dying off? One can only hope.
In all seriousness, there are people out there who have some seriously…uh, wrong ideas about preventing a pregnancy right after having p in v sex. I thought I’ve heard and seen everything until I found some Yahoo Answers questions that made me lose my faith in humanity and sex ed. Check out these 11 ridiculous pregnancy prevention questions and try not to shake your head in despair.
1. This is why sex ed is important.
2. This is just a yeast infection waiting to happen.
3. A VINEGAR DOUCHE WILL NOT KILL SPERM BUT IT WILL KILL YOUR VAGINA.
4. No. That is not how that works.
5. You…you don’t? No take backs.
6. This might be one of the worst things I’ve ever read.
7. Getting wasted won’t stop a sperm from fertilizing your egg.
8. I THOUGHT IT COULDN’T GET WORSE THAN DOUCHING WITH VINEGAR BUT…
9.Yeah, no, you can’t start/binge on birth control after having unprotected sex and expect it to work. You have to be taking it regularly!
10. Again…a little chlorine won’t prevent a pregnancy.
11. If only! This sounds like a really tasty way to prevent getting preggers.
What’s the weirdest pregnancy prevention myth you’ve ever heard? Are there any that you used to believe? Do you Tell us in the comments!