If you are alive in this day and age, you’ve probably, on occasion, wished for someone around you to get some “chill.” It’s fine. We’ve all been there. But, think about it–would the Internet be the Internet we know and love today if anyone was capable of being chill? This is a rhetorical question because, like, of course not–the memes we meme, tweets we tweet, and Instagrams we gram would just not be the same if any of us had any chill whatsoever and possessed the ability to not lurk around the web. Particularly on Valentine’s Day. And particularly if you are one half of a couple.
I, personally, absolutely love it when people on the Internet have no chill. This is especially true when it comes to the concept of “Relationship Goals”–if you are unfamiliar with that particular concept, check it here, here, and here–and especially, especially true when it comes time for Valentine’s Day. On this day, pretty much everyone collectively loses it. Single people have no chill. Couples who are usually pretty chill lose all of that, too. And couples who had no chill to begin with? Well, they obviously don’t stand a chance–especially when the invoke the Internet. Check out these couples for whom, when Valentine’s Day came around, they lost every modicum of chill they’d previously had. Well, whether they’d had it at all to begin with or not is up for debate–personally, I’m going to go with a hard “no” for most of them–but either way, it’s totally a delight to see:
1. Calm down.
— Relationship Goals (@RelationGoaIs) August 23, 2015
2. Thank you for the chocolate?
— Relationship Goals (@RelationGoaIs) January 21, 2015
3. This is a nice, subtle way to tell bae you wish they were actually Christian Grey, if you’re looking for a way to do that.
Valentine's Day goals pic.twitter.com/6sI1Cv65wz
— Relationship Goals (@RelationGoaIs) February 10, 2015
4. Aesthetically, yes, this is evocative of all Valentine’s day themes–but just think of the cleanup.
5. That’s why she’s crying.
6. “If we don’t force my mom to take our picture while we make out, how will anyone ever know that I love you, babe?”
7. Why is your boyfriend just in your phone as “him”? Is he actually an artificial intelligence system you’ve fallen in love with by accident? Is Spike Jonze going to make a movie about you? Lots of questions!
8. That’s it? That’s all you want?
All I want for Valentine's Day. pic.twitter.com/rmpZcfGk8l
— relationship goals. (@girlmsgs) January 18, 2014
9. Ah. That’s more like it. (The bags are empty, though. It’s all a ruse!)
Can someone give me this on valentine's day? pic.twitter.com/hFzF91E6Gp
— relationship goals. (@girlmsgs) January 21, 2014
10. The rumors are true–you must dream big! Never give up on your dream!
Every girls dream on valentines day pic.twitter.com/ZnSxUf6AIS
— relationship goals. (@girlmsgs) December 20, 2013
11. You call your boyfriend “sugar baby?” And you think he’s an “am&mazing guy,” Greer? Please, elaborate.
12. God, I hope not.
What do you think of these couples? Are they “bae” and “goals” for you? Let us know in the comments!