Females have been called the derogatory term “bitches” for decades. After years of taking that word as an insult, women are finally starting to take ownership of it by calling themselves “bad bitches.” What does it mean to be a bad bitch? It means you DGAF. It means that you care most that you like yourself and not that other people do. And it means that you GET YOURS. People respect you and you get things done. Beyoncé, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Hilary Clinton… the list of bad bitches to learn from goes on and on.
Being a “bad bitch” doesn’t come easily to everyone. It’s not that simple to just do what you want and act confident about it! But instead of trying to please everyone and simply “fit in,” consider finding your unique voice. What if you stopped letting people walk all over you and stood up for yourself? THAT WOULD BE CRAZY! I’ll be the first to admit: I’m not a bad bitch. I worry incessantly what people think of me and am terrified of hurting someone’s feelings. But every day I get closer and closer to owning who I am and realizing my potential as a woman. If someone calls me a bitch? GOOD. I welcome it. Maybe being a bitch isn’t as bad as they make it out to be.
Ready to impress everyone? Here are 21 tips you need to know on how to be a bad bitch, according to Tumblr:
1. Remember the mantra:
2. STUDY UP.
3. Remind yourself of the truth:
4. Have a goal that you’re always working towards.
5. Let Beyonce guide you:
6. Don’t stop the hustle no matter what.
7. Pick yourself up when you’re down instead of waiting for someone to make you feel better.
Cried for like three minutes then remembered that I'm a bad bitch
— Queen (@CaIiQueen) January 7, 2016
8. Have the right mindset no matter where you’re going.
GO TO SCHOOL TODAY KICK ASS BE A BAD BITCH & SMILE ((((:
— maddie. (@maddiewelborn) January 7, 2016
9. Stop making excuses once and for all.
10. Don’t be afraid to push people around.
11. Get over it, no matter how much it hurts.
12. Never give up no matter how often you fail.
13. Make this your theme song:
14. Make sure everyone knows the truth about you.
15. Follow your heart.
16. Stay slaying everyone.
17. Know that you’re way too good to be treated unfairly.
18. Act like a queen.
19. Never forget your worth.
20. Channel Miley when you feel down.
21. And when in doubt, remember:
Are you a bad bitch? How do you know? Tell me in the comments below!