I don’t know about you guys, but a new year always makes me want to cleanse my bedroom of everything I don’t use and don’t need anymore. This is particularly true about my closet, which is currently so stuffed with things that I truly believe adding one more hanger will cause the pole to collapse, ruining the piles of shoes on the floor of the closet. Considering this fact and the fact that I’m all about a new beginning right now, there doesn’t seem to be a better time to clean out and organize my closet.
Is this making you want to do the same? Good! It should be. It’s important to cleanse out our closets every once in a while – it’s so easy to build up a collection of things you don’t need. Whether it’s pieces you haven’t worn in over a year, things that no longer fit, or items you bought and later regretted, it’s time to get rid of the things you don’t want. Enough is enough! These 18 charts and infographics will cleaning out your closet so much easier and less intimidating. It can be an exhausting process, but it’s worth it.
1. Let’s start by figuring out what to get rid of. If you feel like you have a closet stuffed with clothes but still never have anything good to wear, you need to look at this flowchart:
2. Use this flowchart to figure out if you should keep something, spruce something up, throw it out, or give it away:
3. Every time you grab a piece of clothing, ask yourself these seven questions to determine if you should keep it or not.
4. Should you keep them or not? Consider these facts:
5. Here’s another easy flowchart for figuring out what to keep:
6. And one more, because honestly, you can’t have enough options for these:
7. What should you do with the items you choose to get rid of? Check out this list:
8. And last chart I swear! There’s just so much to keep in mind!
9. Use this four pile strategy to keep the organization from getting messy:
10. Here are the items you need to keep your closet clean:
11. Need to add things? These 50 items are classics and will help you build an excellent wardrobe:
12. This checklist is a great way to stay organized.
13. This doesn’t have to be done in a day if you feel like you don’t have time. Here’s a one week plan for getting it all together:
14. These helpful tips will allow you to downsize correctly.
15. This is basically everything you need to know about organizing your closet:
16. Make things easier by giving everything a home.
17. Keep these five tips in mind for cleaning.
18. Want to keep your newly organized closet neat? Follow these smart shopping tips to avoid clutter.
Which of these closet cleaning tips did you find most helpful? What did we forget to include? Let us know in the comments.