As a girl who lives, breathes, works, and generally just languishes on the internet, there is at least one thing that I can tell you with a great degree of certainty: There sure are a heck of a lot of creepy guys on here.
And by “here,” I mean literally everywhere on the internet. They lurk on Tinder. They leave cryptic, mansplain-y requests for nudes via @ reply on Twitter. They may even, in the peak of desperation, stoop to a thirsty LinkedIn message. There are so many of them, in fact, that part of me thinks–or, rather, would like to think–that they can’t all actually exist IRL but are, in fact, the manifestation of every vaguely creepy thought that a guy has ever had that was set free and given a Twitter account and left to lay in wait in the crevices of the internet, festering and fermenting in their own thirst and degeneration.
Anyway. That theory needs some work. The good thing about the existence (or possible lack thereof) of these creepy guys? The fact that there are girls who are so, so, so great at just, like, absolutely shutting them down. They’re so good at it, in fact, that it almost makes the creepiness worth it. Almost. In any case, check out the best times girls shut down some supremely creepy guys online:
1. When this genius responded to a rando who tried to sext her with Smashmouth lyrics:
Source: Funny or Die
2. When this girl responded to the online hate she received from guys by posing with the comments:
About it, she says, “I get tons of anonymous messages like this every day and while this isn’t unique to women, the content of the messages and the frequency in which I get them are definitely related to my gender. I almost exclusively get them after I post selfies.”
3. When this girl hit a creeper with a sweet invite to Aaron’s Party:
4. When this girl who called out the many creepy guys she encountered on Tinder both on the app and with her own personal Instagram account:
5. When this woman gave a perfect response to this exceptionally creepy LinkedIn message–and posted it on Twitter, for good measure:
— Charlotte Proudman (@CRProudman) September 7, 2015
6. When this girl knew just what to send, even before it was asked for:
7. When this girl responded to an unwarranted dick pick with her favorite kitchen item:
8. When this girl knew that a dolphin was the only thing needed to make this sext a perfect story:
9. And when this girl was strong enough to resist a super-cool hockey player:
10. When this girl knew that Napoleon Dynamite was the only way to make this particular sexting experience work for her:
11. When this girl shut down a creep in the best possible way–by telling his mom:
Have you ever experienced a super creepy guy online? What did you do? Let us know in the comments!