If you are a girl who is also a teenager, there is at least one thing that I’m fairly sure you do pretty often: Fight with your mom. Or, you know, at least kind of generally disagree with them. Like, all the time.
Right? Like, it’s not that you don’t love your mom–you do–it’s just that sometimes you really don’t like her all that much. Like when she tell you that you can’t wear your favorite Shop Jeen outfit to school. Or to stop saying that Zendaya is actually your mom. Or to stop saying that you think Ashton Irwin of Five Seconds Of Summer is “daddy AF.” (Sure, she might be “right,” but that isn’t even the point at all.)
Still, even in the midst of these moments, there are probably some things that you really wish you could say, but…don’t. Hey, she birthed you, probably, and is also your room and board, and all that. Here are the things that you really, really wish you could just go ahead and say to your mom, but probably never will. Well, unless you’re Khloe Kardashian, I guess:
1. That her wardrobe and dinner options are high-key ruining your life:
2. That you could out-curse her if you really wanted to:
3. That you find her jewelry to be…suspect:
4. As well as her clothing choices:
5. That you’re pretty sure you’re adopted:
6. Because there’s no way that you two could possibly be related:
7. That even when they try to placate you, if you’re feeling petty, you refuse to have any of it:
8. That you’re feeling a little violent?
9. That you’d like them to…well:
10. That you’d like them to…go away:
11. Or what you’d really prefer to do instead of another family hike:
12. That she has a very special name in your caller ID:
13. That you know what she really means when she tells you to “go easy” on the mac n cheese:
14. Or, maybe you just don’t want to say anything. Sometimes a judgmental stare will work just fine:
15. Or a simple click of the phone:
16. You could also reveal that (grudgingly) you love them and appreciate them and all that:
You’ll tell her one day. Just not today.
Have you ever said any of these things to your mom? What did I forget? Let us know in the comments!