In terms of most things, there are very few ways in which Taylor Swift and I are alike. She is blonde, for example, and I am not. She once dated Harry Styles and I, despite my best efforts, have not yet been able to do that. In the year of our Lord 2015, Taylor Swift earned one million dollars a day. I did not.
Still, though, there is one area in which Ms. Swift and myself definitely overlap, and that is in our dedication to very intense best friendships. Now, the actual authenticity of Taylor Swift’s friendships is certainly up for debate, but you have to admit that, in terms of displaying the friendship and at least making it seem real, La Swift does a really great job.
I, too, am a “best friends” person. I basically won’t become friends with anyone in the first place if I don’t think they have best friend potential–after all, female friendships are so, so so important and are, in many ways, much more significant than any romantic relationship. I mean, at this point, the fabled on-and-off friendship between Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift greatly outshines thhe milquetoast relationship between Taylor and Calvin Harris, does it not?
So, in honor of the power of great friendships, here are some signs that the relationship between you and your BFF are the only #RelationshipGoals that you or anyone else will ever need:
1. You’re each other’s biggest cheerleaders:
2. You text each other all. the. time:
3. If they don’t respond right away, you get nervous:
4. Because you have to keep up with the adorable “relationship goals”-esque texts you send:
5. I mean, they don’t write themselves:
6. You’re not sure that getting back in touch with their ex is such a good idea for them:
ADELE: Hello, it's me… BFF: Um r u sure you wanna call him? It's been ages &– ADELE: Must have called a thousand times!! BFF: never mind
— zoe kazan (@zoeinthecities) November 24, 2015
7. Like Gigi Hadid, it’s impossible for you to lie about who your real crush is (it’s your bestie):
8. Whenever someone asks you if you’re dating anyone, you’ve seriously considered just saying your BFF’s name:
9. You have, without question, referred to them as your “soulmate” at least once:
10. Maybe you even have a couple name, like Kendall and Cara:
11. You’d get jealous if they stepped out on you (but you know they would NEVER):
— UpdateJenner (@UpdateJenner) October 24, 2015
12. You definitely have weird secret handshakes that alienate everyone around you:
13. And no matter what you two are doing, it’s bound to be a straight-up party:
14. Plus, you’ve managed to surpass every stage of friendship imaginable. Making it official just makes sense, really:
Are you actually dating your BFF? Which of these posts was your fave? Let us know in the comments!