There are a lot of benefits to not having a full-time job, but the biggest downside outweighs them all: the fact that, unless you were #blessed with a family who can give you everything you need and more, you’ll be broke AF most of the time. Jobs can be boring, overwhelming, and stressful, but they do provide you with the money you need to get through life, so… we kind of need them.
Unfortunately, when you’re in school full-time, you don’t have the extra time to work a full-time job. And so, you end up practically penniless almost all the time. You have to rely on your parents for money, and they probably make you do all sorts of chores before they give it to you. You can’t buy all the things you want. You dream about the day you won’t stress about your bank account. It sucks.
But, what can you do? Don’t complain about it – laugh about it. If that seems impossible, don’t worry, because these Tumblr posts are here to help. Tumblr users nail exactly what it feels like to stare at an empty wallet for weeks straight. And if you can’t change things right now, you might as well embrace them. Here are 31 Tumblr posts that describe what it’s like to be broke AF.
1. When this could basically be your profile picture.
2. When this is your version of a sext:
3. Because we’ve all been there:
4. When you have a little more money than usual.
5. Because you want to save, but also you deserve nice things:
6. The face you make when you don’t know what else to say:
7. When you want more money, but you don’t want to actually try to get it.
8. When you only care about your money and nothing else:
9. The way you blame other people for how you spend money:
10. Hating work, but also appreciating the money it makes you:
11. When this speaks to you:
12. Getting excited about your paycheck and then realizing you could be making more:
13. When you try to save, but things keep happening:
14. Taking your mom’s change like:
15. When you graduate college:
16. Your priorities:
17. Trying to get your mom to give you money like:
18. When you have to buy people presents and you can’t get them what you really want to:
19. When you go to any store ever:
20. What your bank account looks like:
21. When you don’t even have money for food:
22. Because it’s hard to get scarier than this:
23. When you know you have to work hard because you have no choice:
24. When you buy something expensive and try to save it forever:
25. What you look like when you’re shopping:
26. Facing the difficult decisions:
27. You only see things you want when you can’t buy them:
28. When you have to resort to thinking about doing something stupid:
29. The only gift you really need:
30. Just patiently waiting for your paycheck:
31. When this is you all the time:
Which of these posts is your favorite? What did we forget to include? Tell us in the comments!